YCCT and equivalents

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ChatChai, Jul 13, 2006.

1. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

What is everyones thought on this? My buddy brought this to my attention. The R6 has a YCCT (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle). Is this the direction that bikes are going into. It is my understanding that car enthusiest hate them. Are there any pros and cons and does anybody on the board have personal experience and can tell me the difference if you have ridden both types?

2. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

yamahas are all hype

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

You can adapt to an Electronic or Fly-by-wire throttle system. You jsut have to learn that 100% throttle is more like 80%, and 80% throttle is more like 90%. And the rate in which you jab the pedal, also dictates teh speed in which the throttle body opens, and the percentage that it opens.

For the purest, things like divorces steering, electronic throttles, traction control, ABS, etc. tend to all "get in teh way", becuase they do remove a bit of overall control, which usually translates nto less feedback. So while the speed may actually be faster, the confidence is lower.

Eventually, becuase of alot of the emissions bullshit thats floating around now days (especially in Europe), the electronic throttle will probibly be around for a while, and will only become more popular.

I know there are a couple of auto manufactures out there now that offer a 1:1 ratio for the electronic throttle, so it "feels" likes its still cable linkage. I believe the Yammy may be this way also.

Personally for me, at least in cars, i prefer a throttle cable, and a delicate right foot. Becuase ive found that electronic throttles promote bad driving habits, and poor throttle dicipline.

Just my 2¢.

4. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

thanks that was really helpful.

5. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

I'm definately thinking throttle-by-wire is definately the best way to go but I was just curious as to the benefit of doing a computer controlled throttle. Maybe there were some enhancements made to the technology and I was just not sure. I'm hoping that all makers do not head this direction.

6. SKuo07

SKuo07 New Member

To be honest im a really big fan of the YCCT. It really smooths out the transition from closed throttle to open throttle. Then again, I dont track my R6 so I dont know how a track enthusiast would feel.