GUN Yar's freaked out open benelli

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Jun 4, 2008.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

[​IMG]
    Only camo open Benelli M1 Super 90 I know of. Work done by Rob Melhorn. All kinds of evil black magic to make the gun cycle faster and lighten the swing weight. Set up for tech loaders with a 10+1+1 tube (ghost loaded). No compromise competition shotgun.
    [​IMG]
    Pics really suck as I just did them quick as I got just enough juice in my camera to take and upload 2 pics. Will take more tommrow when I got a full charge. Anyway here is a angle showing how the recoil pad is profiled so I can mount and unmount the shotgun and it won't snag on my shirt when doing reloads. Better dot sight (doctor) which is an improvement on the jpoint I ran on my rem 1100.

This shotgun is lighter, shorter, faster, and with better sights than my remington while retaining the same shotshell capacity. This thing is going to be a lot of fun.

2. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

cool, but that camo, i dont care for. Also, looks funny as fuck with that tube so far past the barrel. :o

3. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

3 gun comp is a blast. that thing should be sweet.

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

really the camo looks tight. I got to take better pics. The thing was meant to be a duck gun. Well now it's a race gun.

5. MTech

MTech New Member

Needs bayonet :mamoru:

6. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

how long is the barrel? how long was the barrel on your 1100?

noob question: what if you were moving the gun while shooting ie skeet shooting, would it be possible to actaully shoot the mag tube? or would you have to be moving it pretty fuckin fast for that to happen

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

rem barrel was 20" benelli barrel is 21". Overall lenght of remington was 62" (long mofo). Benelli I estimate is 57-58".

No shot hits the tube. The spread is 1" per 3 yards with a wide open choke. The tube does get a good amount of powder residue though.

That stuff you see in the movies where the spread is like 1" per foot is fiction.

8. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Basically unpossible.

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

yeah If I could swing the gun that fast I would be winning a lot more matches.

10. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Any reason the whole thing is not camo, camo guns always look mix matched to me when the camo isn't continuos

11. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

The shotgun was all camo (real tree) NIB. The original owner sold the stock and foregrip and replaced it with black. Then later when he decided he had no use for the shotgun sold it to me. I then had it modified and the race parts added. I had a choice keep it partly camo or have it refinished to all black. Everyone who has seen the gun (gun smith, all the shooters hanging out at said gunsmiths shop the few weeks) has said it was cool as is partally camo. So this is the way it'll stay until it is beat up enough to warrent refinishing. Either way I like it and it will stand out in the gun rack at the various matches. Kind of like Yar is on the set so you better recognize you bitches.

12. texchef

texchef Guest

Explain tech loaders orpost a link or vid of how they work. Can you use them on pump shotties?

13. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

The techloaders are the sticks you see me reloading the shotgun with in the videos. They can be made to work in any benelli or remington. You will need to get the shotgun set up and tuned for the the techloaders, and the tubes themselves take some tuning. It also takes practice to use it.

Unless your shooting 3 gun in open class I would not consider it. I would not consider it for a pump either. You really got to learn to finger load.

Because you see me shooting race guns people assume I'm an equipmnet whore. This maybe true to a point but I am also very profficient with the basic gear. I can shoot stock iron sighted guns very well and finger load a shotgun fast and on the move.

14. texchef

texchef Guest

Nah, I'm just curious about the equipment. Some of this stuff I've never seen and figure I could put myself out there to ask the dumb questions. Most likely someone else wants to ask it and won't.

I'm all about go-fast goodies from guns to electronics so being called an equipment whore would be a compliment for me cause i take pride in my choices.

15. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

http://madtrigger.net/videos/5 dogs/5 dogs shotgun comp.wmv

Here is a video from the series match in bakersfield last year. Kind of cool in that this is the super squad and you can see some of the worlds best 3 gun guys and their various shotgun kung fu. Kind of sucks in that I didn't have my shotgun or techloaders dialed in so I'm a bit slow. Still you can see right and left handed techloader technique, and me loading in slow motion as my stupid sticks were harder to push. Also you can see Taran and Jack who are the two best finger loaders. They grab the shells 4 at a time out of the shell caddy and glide them into the gun.

16. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Moar pics. Man I shoot guns better than I shoot cameras. Not a very good asian.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see how much longer the remington was. The benelli also seems to be a good 4 lbs lighter.

17. texchef

texchef Guest

Your asian...:eek3:

18. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

Yar-The topics you start are always awesome.

So how much money do you end up having in a race shotgun?

19. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I figure I got $1750 in this one. The remington about $1100

20. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Wow looks like aTokyo Drift spear gun.

21. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Lol. That thing is sweet. Question though, Yar; What's the reasoning behind going with one of these setups vs. a Saiga 12 with 10rd mags? To me (not a competitive shooter), I'd think a mag setup would be easier.

Those techloaders are awesome though. I never knew such a thing existed.

22. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

in for answer

23. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Like an 1850's musket

24. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

They both have their advantages. In the USA our 3 gun is very dynamic. The individual stages call for bird shot, buck shot, and or slugs. A traditional tube shotgun has the advantage of varying the load out. Say you need to shoot 7 bird shot targets then 3 slug targets for one portion of the stage. On your 4th birdshot target you miss, but pick the shot up. To advoid shooting a birdshot target with a slug you finger load one additional birdshot into the gun. To shoot a slug on a birshot target is a match DQ. With a magazine fed shotgun you have to eat the miss and take the penalty.

In Europe they segregate the stages. So they will have a all birdshot stage, then a all slug stage. For this the mag fed shotguns are on a level playing field.

At this point in time the mag fed shotguns are still kind of new to competition. The top 3 gun guys are still running tube shotguns and winning with them. When one of the top guys starts spanking people with mag fed guns then probably more people will switch over.

If they made a mag fed shotgun with drop free mags instead of the pivot out ak style there would be more of an advantage. Also the bolt don't lock open on saiga so that's another disadvantage.

There are lots of little factors where the tube guns just are more versitile that equals an advantage. Again this could change soon, just the right people need to start shooting the mag feed shotguns, and new parts need to come out to address some on the reliability, and functionality issues.

25. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

what would you recommend as a good starter shotgun for someone that wants to get into doing 3 gun? The lower the price the better. I'd rather spend less now, and get a good basic understanding of everything, and know what I need later when it's time to upgrade.