GUN Yar AR w/ vltor

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Jul 2, 2008.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

[​IMG]

Decided I didn't like the angle of the cheek piece of the LMT Sopmod. Now rocking the vltor A1 clubfoot. The cheek piece lifted my head out of position when I roll over to my short range site. The vltor with the slim cheek pieces is much better.

So the sopmod is going on sale. Kind of behind selling all this prize table loot. Getting to become a second job. I'm sitting on a few glock certifiicates too. $475 for any glock w/ the exception of the long slide 34 and 35 which is a little bit more.

2. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

:bigthumb: that thang is bootiful.

3. Ticket Me

Ticket Me Active Member

yar i hate to jack your thread but im looking at getting in to long range shooting with a rem 700 cxt but i dont know what optics to look at and was hopeing you might be able to help me out some

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

You could go a couple of ways. This is a 308 right? Easy way is to just get a leopold 3x9 in whatever recticle you like. Get some decent rings. I like the warne rings as they are solid and not too expensive.

Now if it were me I would get my rifle. Break in the barrel properly then chronograph with some good ammo like 168gr Black hills. http://www.black-hills.com/rfactorynew.htm

Then I would go to the leupold site and go to their custom shop.

https://secure.leupold.com/customshop/

and get a 3x9 vxII with a custom recticle. Plug in my bullet info from black hills. My FPS average off the chrono. Rectile will be set up for a 200 yard zero with striations for 300, 400 and 500 yards. Cost will be $300 something plus change not counting scope rings.

Mount the scope and zero for 200, confirm for 300, 400, and 500. Then shoot the piss out of the rifle, learn the positions, learn to read distance and wind.

5. Ticket Me

Ticket Me Active Member

Thnaks for the info I have a older leupold on my deer rifle set at 200 yards but i wasnt sure if there some some new hotness out there that was a must have

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

There is lots of new hotness. If money was not an issue you could get a Schmidt & Bender. I Like illuminated recticles so I went with trijicons new 3x9 mildot. I'll have one of the first ones. Hope to have it in august.

7. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Should just call it a YaAR.

See what I did there?

8. Ticket Me

Ticket Me Active Member

i was looking at .308 federal 165 sierra match king BTHP its showing +35 inch at 400 yards can that be right?

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I ran some numbers in my balistic calculator. That's about right. It's definately not as flat shooting as a 223 but it has more energy at distance.

10. Ticket Me

Ticket Me Active Member

11. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

that's hard to say. I have no idea how your head is shaped. Really you have to go get a rem 700 with the same stock your going to use. Then get a cheek weld on it. Then measure to the center of your eye.

12. Ticket Me

Ticket Me Active Member

im trying to get the scope as low to the gun as i can with my cheek on the stock im looking right down the barrel so i want to get it as low as i can get it and still keep the bell off the barrel then ill find the right cheek weld for me by adding a cheek pad to fine tune where my head sits

13. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

low is good but if your forcing your head into the stock your going to get all kinds of paralex sighting issues. Make sure you check your head position prone as well as unsupported freehand.

I would get the scope where you naturally cheek weld. This way you can find the recticle faster when under stress.

14. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

what kind of stock is on the CXT (I couldn't find that model listed anywhere)

15. Ticket Me

Ticket Me Active Member

16. Nolimit26927

Nolimit26927 High Class White Trash OT Supporter

thats a fucking nice AR