Yamaha SECA 400 for frist bike?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by eighteen_psi, Jul 11, 2003.

1. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

Might as well start a new thread here. I've got dibs on an 82 (?) Yamaha XS400 SECA with 73 supposedly original miles. I trust the guy selling it and it appears to be in wonderful shape. How's the power on these? I wasn't worried about the 650 having enough balls to get me around and I assume the 400 will fill the bill too? Mostly around town but possible short freeway jaunts. The bike feels pretty light to me but I'm a good 250lbs plus whatever gear I'm luggin. Anyone ride one/know specs and what not?

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Should be fine.

3. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

I don't even think I've ever seen one of those! :) Sounds like it'd make a great first bike though, I'm sure that it could move on the interstate well enough to be safe... but don't try to keep up with any 'Busa's or anything. :)

4. eighteen_psi

[​IMG]

is what it looks like. Mine is all dark blue without the cargo box.

5. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

That would be perfect for a first bike, how much would you be paying for it?

6. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

I had one of those as my first bike....still have it actually....she a quick little bish.....check the tires brakes and clutch though....also make sure all the corisponding cables are good and the fork seals.

THe 400 seca that I have has none of the luggage on it...or the windscreen....plus its an 84 so it has a slight difference in shape.

its a good bike.

I outgrew it though...so now I have an 03 R6....i won't need another bike now for like 10 years.

7. eighteen_psi

Its been offered for 1100 which I think is certainly reasonable (Its basically new). It also doesn't have the windscreen like that one. Glad to hear everyone's liking it. As soon as I selll my car I'm gonna pick it up.

8. Car54

Car54 Member

I had (still have but not running) a 92 SecaII 600 I got for free... it had burnt rings but still ran kinda good. I put about 600 miles on it without tags before moving to somthing more legal (I didnt get a title with the bike, but I had the cops run the VIN to make sure it wasnt hot)

9. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

The SecaII's were/are cool looking bikes. The painted frame and small fairing looked sweet.