Yamaha Remote Control

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PJThomas, Sep 13, 2004.

1. PJThomas

PJThomas Member

I just bought a Yamaha HTR-5590 receiver open box from Best Buy. Needless to say, it came with nothing. Where can I get a replacement remote other than from Yamaha? I've been told they'll charge me ~$75 which seems like way too much.

2. 04

04 Guest

I would think that even though its open box, they would give you all the parts. I suggest going back and asking Best Buy about this.

3. jigga

jigga while your gun's raisin, mine is blazin

I just bought this remote too.. its awesome! :eek3:
    You hook it up to your computer and you can customize it on the Internet and download new drivers for it and everything...its like a piece of computer equipment.

Harmony actually got bought out by Logitech, so in case you're wondering about their credibility, that should settle any qualms.

4. JointBeaker

JointBeaker packaging engineer #2 OT Supporter

Back when I worked in HT at Worst Buy, anything that had a yellow clearance tag, also had to list if it was a demo model/return/whatnot as well as anything missing (manual, cables, remote, etc).

In a booklet by our register, we had a set of guidelines that told us how much we could take off ($$$%) from the original price, depending on what and how much was missing from the item.

Generally, missing a booklet, or, cheap speaker cables was something like 10% for each item. If I remember correctly, a remote was credited 15%. Prices were to drop an additional % every two weeks until it sold...

5. PJThomas

PJThomas Member

Thanks for the help. I bought the 4 year service plan and they said they'll send me a new one for free. I am interested in this Harmony remote not though. What model is it?

6. JointBeaker

JointBeaker packaging engineer #2 OT Supporter

Sweet, that's even better. :bigthumb:

7. jigga

jigga while your gun's raisin, mine is blazin