xpinchx's cutting extravaganza. cyclic keto! lifting! and more!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by xpinchx, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

6'5"
    Jan 1st: 240 lbs
    Feb 1st: 232 lbs (calorie restriction, moderate activity)
    Feb 25th: Start CKD
    March 2nd: Start new lifting routine

Picked an awkward week to start. Two exams on 2/24, slept like shit that night. Wake up 6am on 2/25 go to work at 2pm, get home at 9am today (2/26). Sleeping today, studying tonight, girlfriend's birthday friday, another 18 hour shift saturday night etc. I feel like most of my stores are already depleted, so I figured I'll wait until next week to start lifting. Probably won't carb load since I"m off to a shaky start already and I started in the middle of the week. Maybe a little bit preWO monday morning we'll see where my energy is at.

First day (2/25)
    1296 calories
    Fat: 81g, 56%
    Carb: 27g, 8%
    Prot: 114g, 35%

I was way under calories because I need to shop for keto foods, carbs were higher than I wanted because I had limited options of food to bring to work. Lost 2lbs of water weight anyway. Also note these nutrients for 2/25 span about 30ish hours because I worked overnight. I'll start 2/26 after I wake up. I'll try to keep calories >2000 and carbs <20g I hope to hit ketosis by day 3.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. xpinchx

Shit I was carrying a lot of water weight. Weighed myself after my nap today I'm at 225.5 lbs :rofl: I feel waaaay less bloated, my love handle measurement went from 42" to 40.5" too.

3. xpinchx

Again I was waaay under calories today. My appetite was nonexistant because of adderall and I spent a good chunk of the day in bed trying to get some rest. And I was supposed to go grocery shopping tonight but it never happened so all I really ate today was eggs and protein shakes.

Day 2 (2/26)
    922 Calories
    Fat: 52g, 52%
    Carb: 5g, 2%
    Protein: 104g, 46%

Girlfriend noticed my breath smelled acidy so I'm guessing all my glucose/glycogen stores are gone now, I'll probably be full keto mid-day tomorrow. Was nice dropping all that water weight, my waistline is visibly narrower.

4. xpinchx

2/27

Cal: 1536
    Fat: 73g 54%
    Carb: 18g 6%
    Prot: 120g 40%

Had a couple drinks last night but still lost another pound, 224 lbs as of this mornig. Looking forward to carbing up tomorrow I've been craving pizza like crazy.

Also got some keto stix and sure enough there's a pretty high conc of ketones in My urine.

5. Foty

Foty Active Member

You need to eat more bro.

all your doing is telling your body to store fat with calories that low.

6. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

calories WAY too low brah.

7. xpinchx

What do you think I should be eating? I'm like 225 now, 6'5", 22 years old, 25% or higher BF right now. It's hard to get all my calories in because I'm at work for 16 hours every other day and usually the days I'm not working I sleep 10-11 hours. I'm not working out yet because my schedule is so fucked for this week. I'm going to start with light weights this week to try and reduce some of that "first week soreness" and go 100% next week.

Also, how many carbs should I be eating? I've been trying to keep it around 20ish. :dunno:

All that said I carbed up yesterday and this morning and I feel awesome again. I only put on a couple pounds of water weight back on. :coold:

2/28
    Cal: 1410
    Fat: 89g, 54%
    Carb: 20g, 5%
    Prot: 148g, 40%

3/1 Carb time :bowdown:
    Cal: 2335
    Fat: 82g, 31%
    Carb: 300g, 51%
    Protein: 103g, 17%

Went a little overboard but my carvings were pretty bad leading up to it so I ate like everything that has any carbs in my house :rofl: plus I don't to waste so much food since I haven't been eating any of my bread or anything.

8. knucks

knucks Active Member

wtf low cals.

9. CrackityJones

your "first week soreness" will never go away on that few cals brah. don't even think about working out 100%, it's not going to happen. up your cals to 2500, keep your carbs under 50g, your fat under 150g, and your protein around 250+. Workout 4+ days a week, do low intensity cardio for at least 30 mins 3+ times a week. if you're not responding, don't adjust the diet adjust the cardio/routine. but you will respond dude, you're going to be well under calories out /day @2500.

10. xpinchx

thanks for the advice crackity :coold:.

I know calories are fucked but is hard with my work schedule. On days I work I get up and eat my giant egg/cheese/bacon/sausage "omlette" to frontload my cals for the day. Between that and commuting is time for workout and getting ready, 2ish hours. Between the commute and work I won't get home for about 18 hours and I don't have access to a fridge so Other than string cheese for the first few hours I'm pretty much limited to beef jerky and protein shakes until I get out. By the time I get home I'm ready for bed and can't stomach too much food. I'll sleep for about 10 hours and then I'm only awake for about 8-10 hours before I go back to bed and start over.

So you can see how it can be hard to get all the cals I need every day. I have a good idea for a meal rich in fat/protein with a lot of calories and not many carbs that I could eat after I get off work... But it's right to bed after... How will that affect my weight loss?

11. CrackityJones

you can take almonds, tuna/chicken w/olive oil in tupperware, protein shakes.... or you could buy a lunch box that's insulated well and take whatever you want. that's what I do if I'm going to be away from home all day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.