XP Network question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 7G, May 30, 2003.

1. 7G

7G Guest

Hey, i was wondering i have 2 computers running XP networked together, and i was wondering if there was a way to gain complete control from one over another... Like remote assitance, or a trojan virus... do you guys know if its possible to do? any help would be appreciated...

2. MP

MP New Member

You already said the answer.

remote assistance

3. fuzzynaval

fuzzynaval Enlighten me

if you are networked locally why would you want to take over it remotely?

4. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Remote Desktop in XP Pro is the best remote control package I have ever used.

fuzzynaval: I do it on my local lan when I want to shut down or do something on another computer w/o getting out of my chair. :big grin:

5. Enigma

Enigma Guest

Right Click on my computer -> Properties -> Remote tab -> Check "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer.

Then on the computer you want to connect FROM -> Start - > Programs -> Accessories -> Communications -> Click "Remote Desktop Connection". Then put the IP address or full computer name of the comp you want to connect to. Adjust the settings to your liking, etc.

At least.. thats what I do to connect to my server and other winxp box on my local network. And its what I use often at work. Aside from Remote Admin or Proxy. :hs:

6. 7G

7G Guest

alright, thanks for the help guys... i wasnt sure how to get Remote Desktop how to work, so i just got the program PcAnywhere, it works really well, thanks for the help