XP log on problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MZ2215, Sep 11, 2003.

1. MZ2215

MZ2215 Yep

I kinda totalled my room mates computer last night and had to reload everything, (OS, drivers, etc.).

Amazingly the only problem i ran into is that when you go to log on now instead of having the little icons in the quick log-on screen, it has a box that pops up that you have to enter your name and a password. I tried changing it where you manage the accounts but it said that a program had disabled it and in order to get it back i had to uninstall Netware's client services. I can't find netware or client services anywhere.

Anybody know what to do? :sadwavey:
    TIA

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Open up the LAN connection under network properties. I believe it's in there.

3. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

go to user accounts...easiest way is to click on the picture at the top left of the start menu

then click on the "home" button on top

click "change the way users log on or off and then check "use the welcome screen"

4. MZ2215

MZ2215 Yep

ok, i know how to do that, but when i click on "change the way users log on and off" a message box pops up saying "Netware's Client Services has disabled this option, in order to use it you must uninstall Netware Client Services"

I figured i could do that but i can't find a netware program anywhere to actually uninstall it.

5. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

yeah if you have novell installed you can't have the graphical windows interface unfortunately

i have heard there is an option within the netware client that will allow you to disable that big N in the taskbar and make it so you don't have to log onto windows like that...you log into windows like normal and then when you want to log onto novell there is an icon in the start menu that says "log onto novell"

basically the program isn't open until you need it...however, i've never been able to find where this option is

so if you really want the graphical interface on logon i'd say uninstall novell

6. MZ2215

MZ2215 Yep

ok, i got it, it had the 1394 (i think) network adapter installed, uninstalled that and it's all good

thanks

7. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

that is firewire...that should be fine to have installed as a network adaptor...mine is and that doesn't have anything to do with my login

but if that fixed it and windows doesn't popup with a new hardware found dialogue every time you start the computer, i guess go with it