XP active desktop auto refresh?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Aviator, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Aviator

Aviator Banned

I've got about 10 different webpages on my active desktop, from my google homepage, OT, several different weather maps, including some animated radar loops. So the minimum scheduled refresh rate is once every day, which is stupid. I want it to refresh more like every 5 mins. I can hit F5 while the desktop is selected, and it refreshes manually but not every one of the weather maps updates. I can manually "synchronize" the web content, but that command is nested several clicks deep and i want it to do it automatically. I've looked online and the only thing people keep saying is to add a meta tag to the page and set an auto refresh interval. Except that doesnt make sense in my case because all my web content is linked from websites and theres no way for me to edit any html. Any thoughts? And please, no comments on how lame active desktop is. :o

2. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

Are you running one html file with several frames or how are you doing this?

If you have one file with all the other pages as frames you can add that meta tag to the main file and it will update the frames at the same time.