GUN Xmas was fun..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by blindarrow, Dec 27, 2008.

1. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Dad bought out some guy's gun collection, and gave me a Smith & Wesson Model 459 that was in it. All stainless and shiny (unfortunately, not one of the 800 something government special types).

It's got a little wear to it, but overall not bad. It's getting a good cleaning soon, and maybe some new grips.

Anyone ever shot one before? It'll be awhile before I feel like getting out to the range (weather sucks lately), but I'm hoping it's at least a decent shooter.

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

S&W's metal framed autos are really solid shooters. I'm sure it has a ton of life left in it and should be fun. The trigger reset is usually one of the better available too even if the pull isn't the smoothest.

3. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

:coold: Good to know.

I'm usually not a fan of guns that are all shiny as hell but I do like this one. Thinking about ditching the cheap plastic checker grips on it and getting a set of Pachmyr's for it.

I'd maybe like to have the finish redone too.. seems like it was put up dirty or somewhere where it got shit on. I'll see how well it cleans up.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

As a teaser, one of the better looking refinishes I've seen done on S&W autos
    [​IMG]

5. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Opera/9.51 Beta (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/2723; U; en))

server must be down

6. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Sex.

Who's the bee's knees in refinishing?

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

No clue anymore, if you post at the S&W forums you'll find the guy that did that, I know it belongs to someone over there.