xmas ideas

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by autox, Dec 3, 2003.

1. autox

autox OT Supporter

I have been trying to figure out what to ask for, for christmas but Im not too sure. Current setup is logitech z640s which are nothing special, especially for a tv, but alright for a college student. Im tryin to figure out if I should try to get a reciever and some speakers to make a decent surround setup, or an infocus x1 projector. Our tv is a decent philips flatscreen, not sure about size, probably like 24 or 25. Any suggestions?

2. 04

04 Guest

How much are you looking at spending?

3. autox

autox OT Supporter

depends on what the parents are willing to, I'd say 800 at most as thats what I've seen those infocus x1s on sale for

4. 04

04 Guest

I dunno. I personally would get a new receiver and speakers, but 800 dollar budget is kinda limited. On the other hand, the X1 is really cool, and you can have a huge picture with it too.

Which do you currently find the most lacking, the tv or your Logitech speakers?

5. autox

autox OT Supporter

I find the tv lacking, its decent, but a big screen would be amazing. We have a perfect wall for it, but I am not sure if it would mount to our ceiling, I have no clue how strong it is or anything as its an apartment weve lived in for a few months...at this point I think maybe the infocus is the priority, especially because we dont really even have a place to put a reciever right now...now I have to see if the parents will atleast spring for part of the cost of it...