XM radio skyfi2 question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Leb_CRX, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

ok so I recently got this unit and I am very confused

I got a deh-p3600 deck, which is XM ready

now from what I've gathered the only way to connect the skyfi2 to my deck is (cassette, direct connect, modulator)...from best to worst...I am thinking if cassette is the best method, that has to be crap

then I realize there's an XM modulator I can get that that plugs into my XM ready deck...which has to provide me the ebst quality sound...correct me if I'm wrong but that's completally seperate from the skyFi2...and neithe require the other to work

and it's only like 90$ compared to the SkyFi2 which cost me 200$ (CDN)

will the quality of the modulator be better than the SkyFi2 using direct connect(antanna plug?)

anyone have any opinion, feedback, this is all confusing :o

2. Soulfire

Soulfire No Pain, No Gain

modulator > *

plus. the modulator can be hidden somewhere so all you have is your deck with the XM display on it. It rocks.

3. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

cool thanks Ray

4. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GLyyPc7voQv/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=247350&I=700XMPIONE

I have the SkyFi2 using the cassette adapter in my cavalier. The antenna is at the rear of the car, and the FM transmitter in the SkyFi2 sucks over the range.

I have the package like the one above for the XM ready alpine head unit for my xB. I haven't got it installed yet, because I'm lazy, but from what I've heard in other vehicles, the sound quality and ease of use (all controls in 1 unit) is much better using this option.