MIL XE

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RoAcH CoAcH, May 25, 2009.

1. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

Complete curiousity. Would anyone here join or plan to join Xe?

What's your opinion on them?

2. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

Aren't you supposed to be in boot?

3. fooj

fooj OT Supporter

If I wasn't planning on go to college I'd roll with em for a year and collect that money.

4. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I would not sign on with a security contractor in Afghanistan or Iraq.

6. dmcgill

dmcgill New Member

You mean the former Blackwater?

I've been to a school at their Moyock, NC facility and was pretty impressed with the caliber of instructors they have. They primarily only hire people with military special operations backgrounds and it shows. I think they're a well put together and lead organization so I guess I would say yes.

7. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

I bet it's terrifying as hell.

Oh man you saw their facility in N. Carolina?!?!?

I heard it is pretty fucking bad ass.

From what i've read, owner is a Navy SEAL, and so is the director of training or whatever.

I would NEVER EVER make it into XE, particularly because of my security clearances, but I bet it would be quite an experience.

Which brings up a question if you can answer.

Maybe you read the thread about the police report popping up 5 days before boot camp, so i'm not military yet until this cleared. But they have had to work their asses off getting waivers for some misdemeanors (all alcohol related). Would this fuck me up forever in the military or does senority earn clearance?

8. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

9. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I don't know if it's terrifying or not. I do know that they pretty much operate on their own. There were several times when we fired warning shots at their convoys and one time when we should have fired disabling shots but didn't.

They seem to have no concept of what a security cordon is. They operate in the "I'm driving fast so get out of my way" mode - even if they are driving through the middle an ongoing US military operation. We had to physically stop them once by ramming their lead vehicle. They jumped out with their weapons ready to fire - ON US. We politely explained to them that we were seconds away from blowing a daisychained IED string, and that if they would get back in their pretty black SUV we would stop pointing our .50cal weapons at them.

As far as I am concerned, they earn every ounce of bad publicity they get. Their training may be great, but the examples that I saw left me with an image of a bunch of morons with weapons and fast vehicles.

10. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Director of Training might be. I read the Blackwater book by Jeremy Scahill and the owner is just a Bush Republican wanker. I don't remember him having any special operations training.

11. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

We're both right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Prince

12. Off

Off Memento Mori

wtf?

you get a security clearance only if you need it, according to your trade or your job. If you cant do the job you wont get clearance and vice versa. I dont know how they do it, but I think they only look at 5 years past for secret and 10 years or so for TS, depending the type of top secret it is.

13. L Shaped Ambush

L Shaped Ambush New Member

i'd do that shit in a heartbeat.

14. dmcgill

dmcgill New Member

Yeah I was there for two weeks...it's huge and you have everything you could ever need for that kind of training (small unit tactics is what I was doing) at your disposal. The owner WAS a Navy SEAL, and came from a very rich family to begin with...but idk if that's what helped fund his project way back when.

15. Jabbermewmew

Jabbermewmew OT Supporter

They looked at my whole life just for secret.

16. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

Yeah I read up on him.

He funded the company with inherited money.

I wish I had a wealthy family that would leave me enough money to build a combat training facility

17. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

18. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

TS is 7 years back unless it is program specific, in which case it stretches to 10 years.

19. Off

Off Memento Mori

you had to list addresses since birth and all that other bs, or do you mean like criminal offences and such, which are permanent? I know pardons are a lot more common up here, and after x years you can apply for one and get your record wiped clean, so thats a significant difference.

weird, i though CANUS had that shit standardized, my basic TS was 10, my other one was the same, though they send the anal probe in deeper

20. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I was specifically talking about the US program. I know nothing of the Canadian program.

21. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

I'm probably going to look completely ignorant here or this is legit.

I'm officially putting in for officer, recruiter says my background is not a problem.

HOWEVER when I enlisted, I could not get the security clearances for certain MOS. Not only that but I didn't have a physical driver's license, so that held me back. Story on that is it had been suspended ad I just never went to the DMV to get another one since I had my ID and that's all cops care about as long as they can pull up my info

So that fucked me out of even more jobs.

I told them I don't want to push paper, I want to have a hands on job so IRONICALLY I got motor-t lol.

What I was asking is, say I were to be motor-t for so long because I didn't qualify for other MOS per lack of security clearance. WOuld I later be eligible due to my length of service and demeanor?

I know it's a fucked up question since i'm applying as officer but in case things go wrong and I go back to being motor-t and want a job that requires a security clearance that I would have previously been denied, would I have a chance of getting it or am I just fucked?