GUN XD9 High cap mags

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cruzr180, Sep 21, 2004.

1. cruzr180

cruzr180 I'm addictive!!

anyone know where I can get high cap mags now for my xd9?

2. Furner

Furner New Member

they have been available for a long time. they are called .40 10rd xd mags. They will hold 15 rounds of 9mm, and yes, its legal. Check out http://www.hs2000talk.com there are directions there on how to do it right.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

People on the XD forum have said that it might be possible for a beretta 9mm 30rd would work for the XD-40s and 9's

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

no such thing as "high cap" mags. they're "standard capacity" or "non-neutered" mags.

5. Furner

Furner New Member

wont flush fit, but yes it is possible with a little dremel work. great for range use.

6. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

"High capacity" for a .40 is only 12 rounds :ugh:

7. festivus

festivus Guest

you are quite the idiot

8. RealFastV6

RealFastV6 OMFGh4x0rzZ!!111

Of course it's legal, why the hell wouldn't it be? :slap:

9. Furner

Furner New Member

cause alot of people think that altering the mags somehow violates the past-hi-cap mag act. of course its legal now regardless, but it was legal then too, and should be legal in the case that they manage to push through another bullshit ban.

10. Furner

Furner New Member

no, you are the idiot, and hes right. The laws refer to them as high capacity ammunition feeding devices because its part of their ploy to make the said magazines sound evil, and create the need to ban them. Before the ban, you could regularlly get magazines with a capacity in excess of 10 rounds.
    Just follow along here and you will learn alot. Calling well-established members with a good background in various weapons an idiot will get you flammed/banned in short order.

11. festivus

festivus Guest

Higher capacity refers to higher than normal -

now what is normal? - The std mags that come with the gun.

Doesn't matter what the laws / current ban is

If it's higher than the companies std mag - it's a higher capacity.

12. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

they are that way because of the law.

Notice, how "high capacity" are sometimes called "pre-ban" magazines?

13. festivus

festivus Guest

Yes, like I said, it doesn't matter - that's the current situation and nomenclature.

Don't try and argue semantics.

They are higher cap mags.

14. Furner

Furner New Member

the mags were only 10rds because of the law. before that manufacturers included and offered whatever they wanted, sometimes but not always the highest capacity that would fit flush on the firearm.

15. footratfunkface

no, regular mags are the ones with the higher capacity. the "standard" mags during the ban were artificially lowered in capacity by a retarded law.

now that companies have started shipping 15-rd mags and such with their pistols, there is no such thing as a "hi-cap". it would be more appropriate to refer to them by the number of rounds they hold, such as a 10-rd. mag, or a 15-rd. mag, etc. 30-rd mags, under the ban, would've been called "high capacity ammunition feeding devices", however, they are not only the standard the world around, but are the standard that was shipped with AR's before the ban, and now that the ban is over.

how about this: 15 round mags for a glock 19 were "standard" during all 10 years of the ban. if you were a police officer. 30 round mags were "standard" for an AR, if you were a police officer. hell, i own one 10-rd. mag, period. of all the mags i own, only one would be considered lowered capacity. that makes all my 30-rd. AR mags "standard" to me.

do a lap around my sack, fuckstick.

16. footratfunkface

the current situation is that companies are now making and selling the mags with a higher capacity as their standard mags. they ship them with their firearms. they did that before the ban, and now that the ban is gone, they're doing it again. they did it during the ban, if you had a police department letterhead. semantics are particularly applicable here, since semantics mean the difference between someone with common sense, and a democrat that wants to convince everyone that guns are bad. the semantics of "assault weapon" and "high capacity magazine" are the semantics that scare people into believing that these things are inherently evil, and must be made illegal.