GUN XD-9 Service

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Skot281??, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Skot281??

Skot281?? New Member

Shot an XD-9 service yesterday, put about 300 rounds through it. The first hundred rounds were gobbled up just trying to get used to the trigger. It shot well no malfunctions of any kind. Shooting it is a world away from shooting my Kimber. Now to decide if the lighter weight, higher capacity, are worth the trade off for the spongy, long trigger pull. BTW I am not thinking of getting rid of my 1911, just supplementing it with a lighter carry pistol.

2. itchiban

itchiban New Member

Triggers can be reworked, so yes. :)

3. Furner

Furner New Member

trigger can be made awesome by springer precision.
    they have a website that looks like shit, but the work they do is good and quick.

4. Skot281??

Skot281?? New Member

I'll be looking into them and also I've heard a lot about Canyon Creek. Any experience with either of these smiths?

5. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Less travel and lighter pull?

6. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

either springer or canyon creek can do a hell of a triggerjob. You can have either a carry trigger done or an all out competition trigger that rivals a 1911.

7. Skot281??

Skot281?? New Member

If someone can make my XD trigger rival a 1911 trigger I'm in trouble. So many variations of the XD that I would want to fill my safe with. It fills my hand well and points like a 1911, the trigger is my only gripe.

8. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Then better make room in your safe. I have a canyon creek competition trigger done on a 45GAP tactical that is right up there with my 1911 comp gun and their carry trigger is similar to a factory 1911 trigger. Very little take up and overtravel and 4lbs. (the competition was set to 2.5.lbs with NO takeup or overtravel)

Another thing to know about factory XD triggers is that they get smoother as they are used.

If you can find someone that has a tuned trigger to try, then you will see what can be done with them.

9. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Definately do not get the competition trigger job if it's a carry or home defense weapon. There is a big difference between the two.