XCode... Who can use it?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hurleyint1386, Sep 4, 2007.

1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

So I'm taking a class using QT4, and I'd like to use XCode, but I've tried using it and cannot figure it out for the life of me. I've had better luck with VisualStudio (you'll never hear me say that again). I tried opening a sample project from QT4, and when I hit "Build", I get 49 errors. When I 'make' it in the terminal, the example runs perfect. I would hate to have to 'qmake -project' then 'qmake -exampl.pro' then 'make' then cd through the *.app/Contents/MacOS then run the program from there. Does anyone know where I can get a tutorial for using Xcode? If you can find one that uses QT, that would be awesome! Thanks

2. bovine

bovine New Member

Why? VS is by far the superior product. There's no reason to use Xcode if you have access to VS.

3. hurleyint1386

.... please tell me you're joking. I hate VS with a passion. I write my c++ programs with GCC (well, G++) to avoid possibly using VS.

4. bovine

bovine New Member

Sorry, but Xcode is a steaming pile of shit compared to VS; I've used both extensively. Sure, if you're writing 500 line programs, vim and g++ are fine. That doesn't change the fact that VS is a fucking powerhouse of an IDE, whether you hate it or not. If you're looking for a Mac IDE so you don't have to fire up a VM, Eclipse is a better IDE than Xcode.

5. hurleyint1386

I'll try out Eclipse. I hope it will work well with QT4. But my personal experience with VS has never been good. My school is based on it, and I know of a small handful that actually like it.

6. goph

goph ᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟ&# 44

:rofl:

Seriously, don't ever post again. You have no clue what you're talking about.

7. acoop101

acoop101 New Member

When I was taking my programming class I used the unix shell for most of the programging and only used Xcode to compile. I had no problems. Good luck though I was using the early versions and I don't know how it has been changed since then.

8. bovine

bovine New Member

Shove it up your ass, macfaggot.

9. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

TextMate > *