xbox vs ps2 the debate just never ends

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by deh310, Jan 18, 2002.

1. deh310

deh310 and what have i become...

Well here is my take on the issue (if anyone cars). I played PS2 for 3 months straight at college and loved it. It has good graphics and a VERY good assortment of games (GTA baby). However over break i bought an Xbox. Now i have played that long enough to feel i can make a valid comparison. XBox has the power, specs and POTENTIAL to be the best gaming system bar none. And for the record i am partial to XBox as that is the one i own. The reason i spent the extra money for it was i have faith that in a short time period developers will begin to fully utilize XBox's hardware capabilities. Once that happens it's ALL ABOUT the box! Anyways I really wrote this article to try and give my opinion to people still up in the air as to which system to buy ( as was the case a short time ago for me). Anyways I hope this helps as I just tried to give MY opinion, so if ya wanna flame it then :fawk: you!

2. mtxzx2

mtxzx2 Guest

i agree...i've played my brother's x box for about a month...that was after playing my roommate's PS2 all quarter. Now, i can't even go back to PS2 (except for GTA3).

3. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

I bought an X Box and I love it, the box kicks the PS2'z Ass bigtime:big grin:!

4. CamBot

CamBot Guest

:uh:

ps2 baby. xbox has the hardware, sony has the games. the games are what matters! i played ps1 in the midst of all the 64-bit hype and enjoyed it till ps2 came out. plus...you're supporting microsoft, that's bad enough! :nono:

5. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

GTA3 is coming out for XBOX soon.

6. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

PS2 will have better games.
    X-box...meh. and it's not like PS2 limits are being pushed either. at the fall of the DC the software developers still weren't using all that it could.

7. Undefined

Undefined New Member

project ego will be fucking amazing. shenmue2 might be even better. and eventually, xbox will have gta3 and mgs2, the only games i would buy if i had a ps2 so i say xbox is the better system to own.

non-vtec, sams club is seling a pack of 2 xbox controllers for 20$, pretty cheap even though they are 3rd party controllers. 1 microsoft controller is 40, so 2 for 20 is a steal.

8. Big_Dippin

Big_Dippin Guest

Sorry, but thats not happening anymore.

I love my XBox. I don't even play PS2 anymore. Its true PS2 has the games right now but Xbox has numerous great games coming out in the next few months. It just takes time.

9. rackaboy

rackaboy Platnium Member

i heard programming for the ps2 is very awkward and time consuming compared to the xbox...so in the long time, xbox will be having big title coming to it..

10. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

I think you might be suprised...

11. Schatten

Schatten Guest

actually, the creators of GTA3, Rockstar - has a game console exclusive with Sony until the year 2004, so... its not going to happen. =)

I have a PS2, and will not purchase an XBox, but my reasons are like most - its microsoft. But even more... I urge you to read this article, its quite enlightening.

http://red-mercury.com/mmceo/mmceo_current.html

12. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

They may have rights to "GTA3". but "GTA3X" is another story. Ive seen it running on dev hardware, so its there, and its in the stages of completion.

I read that article, and i personally laughed my ass off through 90% of it. He had good points, but he assumed to much. And trys to sound like an analyst, when hes just your average joe.
    Somehow though, i hardly see the X-box going away anytime soon.

13. Faygo

Faygo Got any room in your pocket for a little spare Cha

I own both and Xbox has the potential. It is only the lack of games holding it back.

14. doogietang

doogietang FTW

X-box will soon b the sh*t... just give it some time cause some pretty awsome games are coming out for it soon.... Heard there was also a UltimateTV and Xbox combo coming out soon...

15. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

PS2 has its kick ass games, and xbox has its kick ass games.