XBOX vs GameCube vs PS2

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dismay, Nov 3, 2001.

?

Which of the systems will you be getting?

1. XBOX

24 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. GameCube

6 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. PS2

32 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. XBOX and GameCube

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. XBOX and PS2

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. GameCube and PS2

13 vote(s)
    13.8%
  7. GameCube, XBOX and PS2 because I am a rich bastard

6 vote(s)
    6.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dismay

Dismay Elitist Prick OT Supporter

Which will you be getting?

2. critus

critus Resident OG Lurker

Xbox & Gamecube already preordered :cool:

3. LEJ316

LEJ316 Guest

GameCube, XBOX and PS2 because I am a rich bastard:cool:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

XBOX for all around system performance. PS2 for software availibility. Gamecube? it just sucked.

5. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

X-Box soon.
    GameCube in 6 months.

6. atamus1

atamus1 freakazoid!

i get all the systems

:eek3: the mario 3 video is a fake!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2003
  7. atamus1

atamus1 freakazoid!

gamecube rocks. luigis mansion. let me tell you about a good game. and like my earlier thread states, i can compare it to every other system.

8. VEC7OR

VEC7OR Guest

:fawk: Emulator ownz all 3 of them. Athlon ownz too.Microsoft makes fawkinly baad software - a don wanna a glitch 2000 in my videogame system and a penIII CPU instead of 1466 athlon monsta with 512 ram :big grin: .Besides I dont buy thing I can have almostly 4 3 :big grin: , these are 4 kidz

9. Dismay

Dismay Elitist Prick OT Supporter

I have no clue what you just said. Is english your 1st language?

10. Dipster

Dipster Guest

Im getting the PS2, i played the X-box, and it sucked, the gamecube was good, That starwars game is beautiful, and lugis mansion is fun as hell, somthing about sucking up ghosts with a vacuum cleaner feeds a primal urge. but PS2 is getting Soul calibur 2, and im addicted to Soul calibur on DC, *still needs to get a DC now that its like 50 bucks*

X-box-:rl:
    Gamecube-:bigthumb: (im not buying it though, no dvd capabilities!)
    PS2-:bigthumb:

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Yo dipster, what is your valid arguement for hating x-box? far as im concerned there is no reason why anyone shouldnt like it, LOOK AT HALO!! MY GOD!@ i think all 3 are worth your money, SO IS DREAMCAST ITS ONLY 50$$@@@!!! Im Getting x-box and gamecube!! YAYAYAYA :):):):):):):)

12. Highlander_77

Highlander_77 Wicked smaht

Like atamus1, I pretty much get every system (except the ones that fail utterly, like 3DO and Jaguar). I've had a PS2 for about 9 months, and I just picked up a Gamecube & X-Box:big grin:. So far, the only X-Box game that appeals to me is Halo, which is pretty impressive, but has a rather "PC game" look to it. The Gamecube is excellent though, *much* better launch library than the N64 had. The PS2 of course has had plenty of time to build up a solid library of games, and is probably the safe bet at this point. But I'm a longtime Nintendo fan, so I'm rooting for the 'Cube :big grin:

13. dau28

dau28 Guest

Gamecube all the way... I never lost faith in nintendo especially with the GC so cheap. Microsoft X-box sux big time.

:fawk:

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I got to play Xbox at my friend's house for a few hours and you know what I realized was great and and new and totally unique about it? Absolutely nothing!!! The better graphics processor will never be utilized by Microsft's shitty ass coding, none of the games are anything new (all remakes of popular teen games like Doom and Rush), the controller fucking hurts your hands like hell after about 5 min, the thing is bigger than a fucking ten year old VCR, AND it's $100 more than the GameCube! Needless to say i love the machine. I can think of anything better to drop off a building into a burning dumpsters; I hate Bill Gates and his evil corporation. Thankyou :)

15. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

i'l get whichever is cracked first, free games are the decided factor in which systems i buy, hence i currently have a DC

16. Highlander_77

Not to sound preachy here, but people like you are part of the reason that the DC failed and Sega was forced out of the hardware business. If you want to see game companies stay in business, then f*cking support them, don't steal from them. Flame away.

17. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

bah, i'm a college kid w/ no income and lots of bills. i paid my $50 for the DC, thats all they're getting from me. $50-60 for a game is outrageous and you know it. maybe if they were $30-35 i'd pay for them, but until then they can lick my asshole.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Then go get a daymn job! I'm a college kid, going to a PRIVATE school (which is way more money than any public or community college) support myself and can still afford to buy all 3 gaming systems! I'm not filthy rich, but I know how to balance my money! If I want something I gotta save up for it! Support the people that produce things for you! Dude you need to take a class in simple economics! You must be a music major or something! :asshole:

19. Guest

Guest Guest

You can't afford one huh? How can you not realize that there is a speed up in loading time with the XBOX. You pretty much have no interruption when you play Halo. Don't get me wrong, the PS2 (which I own) is already a proven system and all my sports games are on the PS2 and the GameCube (which I also own) is a great system that is small and compact! But I just hate people that flame systems that don't even know about! You played it once for a few hours! If it was that shity how come you played it for a FEW HOURS! People that usually realize that they are shitty put it down right away and go back that their regular routines! You must have been impressed in someway to be able to play it for that long! Open up your mind meng! Don't be so closed minded! Each system is unique and each it's own goods and bads! PEACE!

20. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

yeah well, the way i see it. i can spend my money on video games, or on parties/booze/food.

you figure it out

21. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

I personally don't like the X-Box's controllers. Too fat and big, buttos are too close. But the games do look like they have full screen antialiasing (sp?) which is :bigthumb:

22. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

PS2 is the best. x-box is good but it costs WAY too much. gamecube sux...

23. Guest

Guest Guest

I really doubt that prices will ever go down on the systems. Look at PS2 for example, when it first came out the retail price on it was $299.99. How much is it now? $299.99! Even during the Christmas Season and with the competition with XBOX and GameCube. I own all 3 systems PS2, XBOX, and GameCube. Each has it's own quarks and it all depends on your liking of games.

According to a recent independent study, PS2 is still selling the most consoles out of the 3, but the XBOX isn't that far behind and the GameCube is still holding in there. I don't remember what the actual figures are, but I really doubt that they will all pretty much remain the same. It has also been stated that the XBOX's DVD player is better than that of the PS2.

As far game support, I think each system will provide adequate games for each system. Each system also has unique games that are only produced for that system. For example, Halo (only for XBOX) and Star Wars: Rouge Squadron (only for GameCube).
    Sega will be evenly distributing it's various game throughout the different systems including their own Sega DreamCast. And third party game manufacturers have already expressed interest in providing support to each of the systems.

So in conclusion, just pick the system that will be suit your needs. If you don't need a DVD player and not to big on shoot-em up games, get a GameCube. It's cheaper and you get those fun animated games. If you want a mediocre DVD player and and an already proven gaming system get a PS2. If you're going to watch a lot of DVDs and don't mind the size, get an XBOX.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

X box, Gamecube, and a second PS@ Cuz i'm a rich bastard.

Or actually, i'll just ignore X-box and upgrade my PC

25. Highlander_77

Dumb question here, how does the X-Box cost WAY too much when it's the same price as the PS2?:confused: And exactly what are your reasons for saying that the Gamecube "sux"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.