xbox live

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by bob-klobb, Aug 11, 2009.

?

Xbox Live

1. Make it free.

42.6%
  2. Keep paying (why would you)

57.4%
  1. bob-klobb

bob-klobb New Member

xbox live should be free. the games are expensive and so is the system. They have enough money.

2. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

Its not as expensive as the ps3. I dont mind paying $60 a year for good servers.

3. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

elite system is 300 bucks, two years of live at 60 you already spent more than a ps3, 3 years of live at 40 with those 12+1 deals you already spent more than a ps3. minus whale have just bought a ps3 and got free online.

4. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

Ps3 online isn't even comparable to XBL.

You get what you pay for.

5. FunkyMunniez

and i paid the extra 100 upfront for a lag free experience that I can play anytime with my friends and will continue to get it for free for the remainder of the ps3's life.

The only thing I see Live having better over the ps3, and yes I've used Live, is the party system. It just works better there and has better features. Beyond that, I can do everything that live can on the PSN, for free.

I really don't understand why you'd rather pay 40-60 bucks a year for online play for one console when you get the same product, minus some features, for free.

6. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

i'm sure this poll will get the job done, and they'll make it free by christmas. congratulations on your victory against microsoft.

7. Keegan

Keegan New Member

I'll pay 50 a year for it forever. Well worth it.

8. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

it's only 35 for 13 months if you look around :dunno:

9. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

:rofl:

10. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

:werd: while i like live, they both can learn from each other for sure. psn works perfectly fine in all the games ive played. also having dedicated servers and playing with 24+ players without lag is :bowdown: i do love the party system of live though, which im sure psn will get soon enough. either way, paying doesnt overly bother me, but id like to see the money put towards shit geared towards gaming more than stupid shit like netflix or video marketplace servers etc... ex. dedicated servers so you can allow more players in games :dunno:

11. FunkyMunniez

the thing is, it should really be the other way around. M$ has a bottomless bankroll to throw at live. They should be able to make it free, while sony...not so much.

and all the netflix and stuff is really just matching up with what sony has right now on the psn store. they already have movies to buy and rent at better quality than what ive seen on the xbox's netflix deal.

If you have the money to pay for live then go for it...I just feel its better to pay for a ps3 and get free online and save the $35 or $50 bucks or whatever youre spending on live and put it towards something else whether that be another game or whatever.

and :werd: playing games like resistance 1 and 2 and Killzone 2 with all those other players is bad ass. cant wait for MAG :bowdown:

12. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

It's worth the cost ($50/year is minimal) to me.

13. Scud

Scud I'm an aquired taste.

i agree, its worth it. I'd like the option to start the dashboard on My XBox instead of their ads, but I can live with it. When I first got the 360 I thought it was the worst exploit making us pay for online service, but now I can say I don't mind one bit.

14. Alvin

Alvin New Member

M$ has a bottomless bankroll for a reason

Xbox Live has had movies to buy / rent at 720p long before Netflix came around, and they're still there.

15. FunkyMunniez

are you implying that they have a bottomless bankroll because they charge for live :coolugh:

then xbox is wasting money on that as it's apparently a redundant service. the only reason they probably have it is because they dont have something like sony's massive film division to put movies out with.

16. assclown

assclown Active Member

I think I played on live once or twice in the last year. :hs: My sub ran out a few weeks ago and I don't feel the need to renew it.

The only thing I like about Live over PSN is the invite/join system. Other than that, I don't see why it's worth the money even if it isn't expensive.

17. Alvin

Alvin New Member

Netflix was just put in Xbox live to add instant streaming so people that already subscribed to Netflix could use that feature straight on their Xbox.

Almost every movie that comes out on DVD / Blu-Ray gets quickly added to XBox Live for download / rental.

18. Nice post.

19. tantrum

tantrum New Member

20. RickylSmalls

RickylSmalls OT Supporter

this thread is gonna change things bro

21. OFI

OFI New Member

That sounds pretty important to me with the whole Party thing. I've not played on PSN with friends but Parties on Live are awesome :bowdown: to not have that would suck.
    Playing against randoms on PSN seemed the same :dunno:

22. FunkyMunniez

psn doesnt have that bad of a party system...xbox is just doing it better right now.

if we're all playing cod on the ps3 i can invite all of you to my party and we can go play a game no problem. it just isnt executed as well and is missing a feature or two from xbox

23. Sage Xaero

Sage Xaero OT Addict

you can get the cards cheap so 30bucks a year isnt crap

24. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

It's a good system for the most part. I don't see why people bitch about paying $50 for it.

25. charbaby

charbaby New Member

Fine. Don't pay for it, don't play online. Bitching about it is redundant now that it has been SIX or so years. Until there is competition in the console space MS has no reason to change the fee. Majority of people feel it's worth the price to them.