Xbox Live question

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Matt Hood, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

I have a credit card on my account that expired 3 years ago and my account is coming up for renewal in 5 days. I believe auto-renew is not turned on I'm trying to take the credit card off the account but it says that it's active amongst the 12+1 Gold Membership card I activated last year so my understanding is that if I let my Gold membership expire in 5 days and then try to take the credit card off it's going to let me since there's no active memberships? Then I can buy a Live card and back to normal? Or am I wrong and they're never going to let me take the credit card off my account?

2. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

i believe you can take credit cards off the account from xbox.com now. they took mine off finally after it was expired for a year or two. i called them to take it off at the time it expired and they said no problem, needless to say, nothing got done with it for a year or so atleast :hsugh:

3. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

yeah when I got pissed off when my 360 broke and tried to cancel my account they said don't worry turned off auto renew and said that the credit card would not come off but not to worry just block transactions from Microsoft/Xbox I was like :ugh: but needless to say I'm hoping this will take it off, I just don't want it attempting to charge my credit card that I don't have and then completely fucking my account up like they did that one guys.

4. freshie

freshie New Member

My account has been linked to a credit card that expired 2 years ago, still waiting for them to catch this

5. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

I had an account with an expired cc for like 2 years and never had to pay :rofl:

6. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

I heard some guy went to renew his account and it had been on an expired credit card and they charged him the $49.99 for the old membership and then said that would make his account squared and he would have to pay again for his new membership is why i was wondering. I don't want them trying to double down on me.

7. Chitown B

Chitown B Active Member

yeah I don't used a credit card for my XBLA sub - I buy cards for $30 or so, which is a ton cheaper and no worries about auto renew issues.

8. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

yeah, i'm going to try and get some cards this week. i was just wanting to get my cc off the account especially since it's expired.

9. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

3 more days until I find out.

10. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

if it's expired, they shouldn't even be able to charge you - since if you got a new card, the CVV2 code will change.