Xbox In My Car ***MadAsHell***

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Airpoppoff, May 10, 2004.

1. Airpoppoff

Airpoppoff Vodka > Racing F1

Im about ready to kill someone over this. K? Heres the setup.

Got the TV in the dash, the Xbox in the trunk.

When i turn on the xbox there is the largest amount of noise that goes acrost all the speakers and the screen of the TV. It sounds like ass, looks like ass so i dont even use it.

I first hooked up my 400 watt power inverter to the distrobution block that my amps are on, Hooked it up, grounded it. Still get mad noise. So One of my installer freinds said. "you need to run an 8 gauge from the battery all the way to the power inverter" So i go do that. Hook it up, Same thing. Move the ground, Same thing, Hook up TWO diffrent power inverters (even a 1600 Watt one). Same fucking thing. I get a spare car battery, try to hook it up to it, Same thing. I plug the inverter into the cigarette lighter, same thing, Change the xbox Power cable, Same thing. I got a 40 dollar monster cable to hook up the xbox, Same thing.

Now i take the power cable to the xbox, hook it up to an extension cord from my garage (wall power) every god damn thing works fine. Music plays good, Picture looks great. (but i cant drive around with an extension cord in the trunk)

So what the hell do i try now? has anyone had any type of experience with this? Im about ready to go insane. Maybe its just the xbox, ill try a ps2 or something tonight and see if it still does it. I know ive seen people with xbox's in there cars and shit and i just cant find anyone to talk to. But if anyone has any ideas. Please let me know.

TIA

Matt

2. Ecko

Ecko SeaTownMafia

I have an Xbox and a PS2 in my EXT, Havn't ever had any of the problems that you've described. Have you tried driving it off a cliff, that seems to solve alot of problems. :greddy:

Last edited: May 10, 2004
  3. 04

04 Guest

My guess is that you have some type of ground loop forming. My guess is that using both 120vac and 12vdc components together is causing the problem. I would try and see if you can get a better quality inverter, as that is probably whats causing all the problems.

4. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

hrmm...not the signal wires? could be a ground loop as 04 suggested

5. Kriznatch

Kriznatch New Member

Have you tried running both your pos and neg over a short distance to the inverter and from that going to the xbox? Or have you always pulled power from the battery and the ground/neg from the chassis?

6. 04

04 Guest

When he plugged the xbox into 120vac he had no problems. That would lead me to believe that the signal cables arent the problem. Most of those inverters arent exactly high quality, my guess is that is what is causing the problem.