Xbox 360 question (RE: old DLC on new console)

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by HipHopHead, Jun 18, 2009.

1. HipHopHead

HipHopHead Well-Known Member

What exactly can and cannot be used/played if I get a new console? I recently did this liscense transfer thing but then that 360 (along with the HDD) got stolen. Since I can only do that one time per year does that mean all my DLC I have downloaded/purchased isn't going to work on my new console or will it work if I re-download it to my new console/HDD?

I are confused. Is that shit just if you want to use your old HDD on a different console?

2. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

it should work once you transfer the license over. ive always had the same hard drive and been connected to xbox live so ive never had to worry about the transfer. i did it today though just in case

3. HipHopHead

you missed the point, I recently did the license transfer thing on the stolen console and it says you can only do it once a year for whatever reason.

So for example, If I re-download GTA: TLaD on a new console and HDD will if work work?

4. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

as long as its tied to that console it should :dunno: believe thats what the license tranfer takes care of. i know its tied to both the console and your gamertag.

5. HipHopHead

But what ties it to that console? Your gamertag or the HDD it was originally dl'd too or what? I guess I don't get what the licence transfer actually does.

According to that it seems like I'm screwed until I can re-transfer in a year.

6. HipHopHead

Now that I think about it that transfer only took a few seconds so maybe it's just so you don't have to re-downlaod gigs of stuff again?

7. charbaby

charbaby New Member

Wow this sounds like a mess. Glad im on 360#1

8. greaser lee

greaser lee New Member

couldnt you just redownload them one by one using the same account you purchased them with into your new console?

you could also call MS and let them know your situation. they might be able to pull some strings.

9. HipHopHead

dat be the million dollar question...

10. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

you can, but i believe you would still need to be connected to live for it to register its your content. not 100% on that though. i know if i try to use my rock band songs from way back it wont let me without being signed into xbox live.

11. sony

sony Active Member

It will work on your console as long as you're logged into LIVE otherwise it will only work offline if it is tied to your console.

12. sony

sony Active Member

Yeah I would give MS a call, it is possible they could reset the limit for you so you can transfer license too your new console.

13. HipHopHead

Well this is gay, just talked to 3 different Habib's and was on the phone for like 45 mins for them to say I'm SOL. I can only play my shit if I am online. Like arcade games I only get the demo version unless I am connected. Gotta wait 9 months for it to automatically reset, there is NOTHING they can do about it. :greddy: