Xbox 360 modding... how do you replace bricked drive?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by ninor, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ninor

ninor OT Supporter

My friend has a modded Xbox with BenQ drive and the drive completely stopped working (gears are fucked up in it) so he ordered a new Samsung drive and got it delivered. How do I mod his new Samsung drive (transfer his key and all that crap)?

2. ocular

ocular Active Member

just use jungleflasher and spoof the samsung to benq. you'll need to get a dump of the benq first before spoofing.

3. a-money

a-money OT Supporter

as long as you got a good dummy.bin from the original drive, all you gotta do is spoof the firmware with your original key. and he probably didnt fuck up the benq drive, as long as you got a key then you can never brick your shit

4. ninor

ninor OT Supporter

His BenQ won't spin most of the time.. it doesn't want to play games, even original ones.. it plays them sometimes and then it stops, drive is done.

I have BENQ-OFW.bin file from his most recent flash (BenQ 1.61). Is this file good enough or do I need to get some other file?

5. a-money

a-money OT Supporter

does that have your key? if not you can find it in the registry if you fucked up the dump. what you need to do is rewrite the drive and spoof your key with the LT firmware. the problem sounds like a firmware issue.

i fucked something up to where my drive wouldnt even show signs of power, but i did exactly what i wrote and all is well

6. ninor

ninor OT Supporter

I'm sure that file has the key and you just don't get it, do you? The modded BenQ 1.61 firmware I loaded on his drive worked for a long time until the drive started fucking up (and it was fucking up even before I modded his drive)... so it's the problem in the drive, not the firmware. Now he got a new drive and I have to install the new drive into his xbox and I know I need the key from his old drive, I'm just not sure how the whole process plays out.. if there are any extra steps I need to take other than making sure the old key is in new firmware for the new drive.

7. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

Open up his XBox
    Remove his old bad drive
    Throw it out the window
    Connect new drive to your PC/Sata/however you connect it
    Open JungleFlasher
    Load his BenQ 1.61 CFW as Source Firmware
    Depending on what new drive he has, load the Target firmware as whatever type of drive it is
    Press Spoof Source to Target
    If the drive is a BenQ or Samsung, you have to press BenQ/Samsung Unlock...if the unlock fails, click on Vendor Intro, Click Ok, Power off Drive for 1 second, power back on, it should unlock
    If the new drive is a Hitachi, you need to get it into Mode B first, eject the drive, Press Mode B, wait 10 seconds or so, and it will now be unlocked. If it is a Hitachi 79, you'll need a 79 Unlock disk after you put the drive into Mode B.
    If the drive is a Lite-On...I'm honestly not sure if it will allow you to spoof...
    Once the drive is unlocked, click Write, and you're done.
    That'll be $70.