Xbox 360 Mod Crew!!

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Skyline22GTR, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Skyline22GTR

Skyline22GTR OT Supporter

I searched a few other mod threads and never got a yes or no question answered.
    My xbox is currently flashed with i1.51.

I got it modded by someone locally who gave me my key in an email. Is is possible for me to upgrade my drive without having to buy the probe hardware or whatnot.

If it is do I still need anything or will it just require some reading on my part. Lite-on by the way.

2. posey

posey the funniest things are said in the fewest words..

What key you talking about? The backup of your drive's original firmware or your lock code for when the drive is half way out?

Either way if you have the original back then you should be able to update the firmware with Jungleflasher. You can do it without the backup but if something goes wrong you're screwed. Maybe make a backup of what you have now just in case....

3. Skyline22GTR

The drive key he pulled off of my disk drive. I don't know much about it just what I have read. It would be easier if I modded it myself, but I didn't want to go through the hassle to buy the probe and what not from online.

4. Boho

Boho Active Member

The reason for the probe is to get the key from Lite-on drives. if you have the key, the probe is not needed.

5. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

You'd still have to buy the VIA SATA card and open the XBox up though.

6. Skyline22GTR

i thought you didn't need the via sata card for the lite-on drive just the others damn. Where is the best place to purchase said product. I have a newer mother board with on-board sata slots. What are the chances I won't need a card?

7. Skyline22GTR

So from what I have read tonight tell me if I am correct or wrong:

I have basically found two ways to mod a lite-on:

1. Use jungleflasher in windows 32 bit xp. Jungleflasher will not work with a 64 bit system. It also has trouble with the VIA SATA card. Uses USB connection to PC not the RS232 connection.

2. Use Iprep with any version windows to create a bootable flash drive. This method needs a VIA SATA Card to properly work. Must Use RS232 connection to PC.

Keep in mind I already bought a connectivity kit. My drive is already modded, but as I said before I am going to mod my friends lite-on and then start modding local for people.

Correct????

Which way do most of you use to mod said Xbox's

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  8. Skyline22GTR

Last thing I think I have figured out how to go about it.

I think I am going to use an older PC. It doesn't have an SATA ports so I am going to purchase a VIA SATA card. It does contain a RS 232 serial port. I also already have a connectivity kit with probe on the way. All this is going to be used in conjuntion with Iprep. Am I going to succeed in moding future lite-on drives?

I was thinking about starting a mod service around here if all goes well. Any advice for a beginner. Where do you advertise on craigslist?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  9. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

Best to mod a Lite-On with Jungleflasher, never got iPrep to recognize the connectivity kit to read the key.

Download and install iPrep anyway because you'll need it for the Samsung/BenQ drives.

Once you read the key, save it to a 2gb or less Flash drive.

Sometimes when you attempt to write to the drive, it will freeze Windows (even after doing all the driver deletes/updates) and you will have to restart.

When this happens, boot to the iPrep USB Flash, run L-O-ERAS.EXE x### (port number of SATA drive is connected to) two or three times until it says x72.

Run DOSFLASH.EXE, type # (number your drive shows up under) and ENTER, press W and ENTER. You will receive an error, Unknown Flash Type! Ignore it. Run DOSFLASH.EXE, type # (number your drive shows up under) and ENTER, press W and ENTER.

The drive will be written four times...
    Erasing...
    WRITING BANK 0...
    WRITING BANK 1...
    WRITING BANK 2...
    WRITING BANK 3...

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Done.

10. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

Hey Twinsen what should I do if m xbox is already modded with 1.5 by somebody else? It's a lite-on. Also I have jmicron jmb36x sata card, will that work?

The last time I tried modding it my CK3 blew up lol, but I thinks that because my mate put the connectors in wrong.

11. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

You'll need a connectivity kit unless you bought a replacement.

Unless you have the key when it was modded by the other person.

If not, follow my above post after you have a connect kit and SATA card. :x:

12. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

I don't have the key, but can I follow your steps without fucking things up if the drive has already been modded?

Also, I don't know an awful let about PC architecture, even though I'm doing a UNI course on all things computing haha. If I buy the via sata card, what do I need to install it? Won't I need a whole new mother board?

13. Slider

Slider Resident Lurker OT Supporter

PCI slot

14. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

Ah so I can just slot in without the need of anything cept the sata card? awesome. thanks