XBOX 360 - HD TV problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ryanisnan, Jul 31, 2007.

1. ryanisnan

ryanisnan New Member

Hey guys/gals. I have a strange problem with my XBOX 360 and my samsung HD tv. It normaly works all the time, but I frequently experience a problem when I try to play regular DVDs. The signal seems to cut in and out and it becomes extremely annoying. I have the component cable in my 360 set to HDTV (the switch at the back of the cable) most of the time, but when I am watching regular DVDs I have to switch it to TV to avoid this problem.

I've tried looking up help on both the manufacturer's sites but most results I get are unrelated. Any ideas? :ugh:

2. Slider

Slider Resident Lurker OT Supporter

Do you have a VGA input on your TV? If you do I would try getting a VGA cable and using that. If you use the VGA the 360 will also upconvert the DVDs for you which it won't do with the component. That would be my only idea.

3. ryanisnan

ryanisnan New Member

I was thinking the same thing, I'm at work now and I don't remember if my TV does support VGA input. I will check later, thanks for the idea. I think I will also check for software updates on the console (though I think it is more of an issue with the TV)