X800XL FPS question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I noticed the other day that I'm only averaging around 70 FPS in World of Warcraft at 1280x1024 and all settings maxed out. Obviously there is nothing wrong with that at all, the game runs smooth as can be and looks great. However my friend averages around 90 with all the same settings and basically the exact same system except he has as A64 3000+ and I have a P4 3.0Ghz. Is there really that much of a difference between the two processors or could it maybe be a driver issue with me? I'm running the Catalyst 5.6's right now and in games like Counter Strike: Source and Half Life 2 I average around 80-90 FPS, thoughts, suggestions?

2. Javi

Javi New Member

It's probably the processor, but it can also be anything else. Are you running a dual monitor config? That may affect it. What about programs running in the background?

3. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

No dual monitor setup, no extra programs are running in the background either. I just thought it was weird because I get 90+ FPS easily in every other game I play. I just thought that it might be a driver issue.

4. LilMoh

LilMoh When am I ever going to cook Tira Mi Su? Am I goin

Try the 5.9 drivers

5. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Yeah I gave them a shot, seems like things have improved. Playing the game smoothly was never an issue, I just thought it was odd that I was getting that low of FPS.

6. Burns45678

Burns45678 New Member

i heard that some of the newer(probly the last version that was out as of now, not really sure) ati drivers caused a drop in performance so try either reverting to an even older version or if you can upgrade to the newer