GUN X3 Multigun w/ picture in picture

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Mar 17, 2009.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

2. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

I cant get into this stuff.

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

PIP has been something I've contemplated, but after seeing yours and GamingGodesses I see it's hard finding a spot on the screen for the PIP that doesn't obscure the rest of the video. And also that it's a lot on a screen to watch at one time.

Looks great, but someone like me likes watching all of the little things in a match, nice shooting, awesome video production. Shit is not easy, but it's fun and rewarding.

What camera mount solutioin are you using? I know it's a headband, but did you have to "fab" it in anyway? Also, how are you holding the recording unit? I've just been stuffing mine in the back pocket, seems to work okay, except for seems wierd seated.

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I'm using a nite ize backbone pouch size 20, and a nite ize headband. I've tried many bags and many headbands and these are the best for the POV.

I did more picture in picture on this one mostly because the 3rd person footage was kind of shakey. Did not have my usualy camera guy. There is one section where I cut out the 3rd person because he dropped the camera.

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

WAT! Video DQ!

Yeah, good help is hard to find. (Kidding MG)

MG is pretty money on the camera, as is my other buddy Cel. My brother and cousin and other friend on the other hand, all have a case of "ADD". I'll sometimes find a recording of the ground with the RO in the background barking out the scoring. :mamoru:

I'll take a look at that pouch. Good shooting.

Ari

6. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

i would like to have the PiP on the top right. seems more natural that way, but AB is right, it's hard to place it so it doesn't obscure viewing.

7. Bloody Sunday

another good way to implement PiP is to have it only on certain parts

8. Milky

Milky I'm in your Millenium Falcon, rumbling your Wookie

Not to be hateful but I find the PIP extremely distracting. I much preferred the older way with first person followed by the third person video.

But awesome vids as usual.

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I like the 1st person followed by the 3rd person too. It sure is a lot easier to edit than the picture in picture. With 3 gun though the videos get to be 15 minutes long which I worry is more than most people's attention span can handle. Last video I split it 3 stages times 2 at 7 minutes each and I still think that's pretty long.

For the pistol stuff your got 20 -30 second runs. In 3 gun it could be 160+ seconds for a big field course w/ long range targets.

10. AB13

AB13 New Member

Yeah, I hear ya. My production on the 3rd and 1st person is a little more, since the native files are different and bogs my editing app. I can only imagine doing the PIP, I'd be up all night, because you also have to "sync" everything. I'm sure you already have, but is there a way to shrink the but still make it viewable? Have you switched it around and did the 3rd person on the big screen, and POV in PIP? I agree, it was a "lot" going on in the screen and a bit distracting.

I think I have learned that the sweet spot is anywhere from 3-5 minutes, for me anyhow with viewing other peoples video's.

You do some killer editing, and I love how you got it on Flash. It's hard to capture 3 gun, maybe do more "highlights" etc for us ADD types?

11. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Not enough full auto?

12. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Eh, just looks boring.

I tried to do it once and I left before I even started.

13. :rofl::hsugh::rolleyes::rofl:

14. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

What parts would I need to turn my 1100 into a race guns like yours?

15. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

for tactical class just a DMW easy loader, a 8+1 tube, and drill out the gas ports if needed.

For open class (what I'm running) you need a 10+1 tube, red dot sight, arredondo ramp, and a bunch of tech loader sticks. Everything has to be tuned, it's not a bolt together job.

16. Bloody Sunday

do you need some coke mixed in to make it exciting?

17. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Right.

18. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

I guess when I go shooting, I not about practicality or real life scenarios.

I want noise, smoke, fire, & destruction.

19. Why not just make a pile of money and toss some firecrackers in and then set it all on fire?

20. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Because money burns like shit and firecrackers arent loud enough.

21. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

click image to play Flash Video
    [​IMG]

Here is the missing video for stage 1. Another guy in the squad sent it to me as he saw I was missing it. For anyone that cares at the end the backstore is that the match director DQ'ed because he shot the poppers with slugs. If you shoot the wrong targets with slugs it damages the targets. You get fined $20 a plate and get DQ'ed from the match. He made a big announcement about not shooting the poppers with slugs right before he shot and ended up mis-loading his shotgun and "oh shit". The thing is you have to load the shotgun backwards. The first round you put in the tube is the last one out. so the last one you load is the next up. Then don't forget the one you have in the chamber too. Short story is its not hard to screw up with the shotgun, especially if you have to pick up a miss or two.