X1 and Xbox giving me issues

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jesse_Boyer, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

i'm trying to use my Component video cables from the xbox into my Onkyo receiver and then OUT to the projector using a "mega" cable bought from ebay. Problem is, the xbox will work fine with a game (tried Halo). It will send a 480p signal without problems. However, when I try to put in a movie (behind enemy lines, for instance), there is no signal going to the projector.

The xbox has been modded using an Xcecuter chip, but that's on the fritz now too... :(.

NOTE: if I use my s-video cables, I have no issues whatsoever.

anyone have any thoughts?

2. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

also, how do I update the operating system on the x1?

3. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

pretty much figured out how to get the new firmware for the X1. I need to register it on www.infocus.com and then download it from there. Unfortunately, there is no serial number on this projector. There should be a tag on the bottom of it with this pattern; AHHPXXXXXXXX.

4. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

I know there were a number of prog. scan patches done for some of the more popular Xbox DVD players, so going by that thinking if the previous versions did not support 480p but you set the Xbox to 480p obviously DVD video wouldn't play :hs:

One thing you could try is DLing the latest XBMC and try playing the movie through that (direct XBMC to your DVD drive then try playing on of the larger .vob files) if that works then it is obviously a problem with the dvd player program you are using.

p.s. XBMC should have a setting to output HD output or something to that effect, obviously that needs to be enabled for this to work.

5. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

why would there be a setting on the Xbox for HD output and there would still be problems with the player?

Lets just say my modded xbox is no longer modded.... the chip must be on the fritz. It starts to boot and then shuts down, starts to boot and shuts down.... it keeps cycling until i turn it off.