X-Men: movie vs comic

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Joe_Cool, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

How accurate is it? Did Rogue really not have the ability to fly originally? If not, how did she gain it, from who, and how did she keep it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

2. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

Yes, she couldn't fly. She originated as a villian and attacked Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers). She held on so long that she permantly aquired her invulnerability, Strength, and Flight powers.

Ms. Marvel history link

Rogue link

Wolverine was a good friend of Carol Danvers which made his relationship with Rogue (after she joined the X-men) really interesting. Especially when he saved her life after she was shot by Viper in Japan.

3. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

Movie vs. comic? Very inaccurate, based on the total history of the X-Men. That kind of ruined the movie for me, I think. I mean, I was once a die hard X-Men fan. I had high hopes for the movie. When I first saw it, I was disappointed, but then I saw it again and realized that in order to enjoy the movie, I had to forget everything I knew about the X-Men... Well, not everything.

Anyway, I guess I could list some of the "discrepancies" between the comics and both movies. First off, Iceman was one of the original X-Men. How could they just make him one of the X-kids?? That really disappointed me. Also, it was too bad that they didn't have Beast in there. Probably one of the biggest disappointments to me was how they completely got rid of the rivalry between Wolverine and Sabretooth. Oh, and I was really hoping in X-2 to see a "fastball special". You X-Fans know what I'm talking about.

Basically, they're two totally separate "realities" I guess you'd call it. In fact, didn't Marvel start a whole new like separate universe sorta based on the movies that have come out for some of their comics? I tried getting back into collecting last summer, but I was so far behind the times that I just couldn't keep up. Plus, I kinda thought that some of the new pencilers and writers sucked. I miss the good ol' days with guys like Jim Lee and Chris Claremont. I don't remember the last X-title I bought recently, but the art was just too weird... They all looked like anime characters or something. Meh.

4. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

unfortunately I had a lot of problems with the movies vs. old comics vs. new comics...

first off, I love them all. that makes it hard.

take for instance Wolverine (in the all comics including his own series)... before the first x-men movie, claws from the back of his hands... they've been that way since he started...

then after the movie, the Origin of Wolverine came out, james howlett, yadda yadda... in that, the claws were between knuckles, this was then incorporated into all wolverines throughout the marvel universe from then on. Including the 3rd volume of wolverine comics that was started last year.

the kids? well... the marvel universe kind of adapted itself to the new movies... even the spiderman comics have done so... the ones we grew up with are no longer what we grew up with, they're all for the new generation.

they didn't follow up on hardly any background of any of the characters...

another thing that annoyed me is the fact they the x-movies have sort of revolved around wolverine, and the next one is a phoenix one... I mean wtf...

since it was all mostly focused on wolverine the first two, why not have it the final confrontation with mageneto and have wolverine get fucked over and his adamantium stripped?

that'd make for a good fucking movie

5. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

Well the movies were good, just don't expect them to tie in with what the comics had in terms of story or characters.

Lady Deathstrike also if memory serves right did not have regen powers, she was a cyborg.

Pretty much everyone that is a kid in the movies aside from kitty pride wasn't a teenager.

To me the best x-men series that is out there right now would have been New X-Men when Morrison was writing it. Good solid writing, and all of the trades are out if you want to give them a read. If you want good Wolverine action, the runs that Rucka has been writing, Marvel Knights Wolverine is what hes writing right now, and he did the first I think it was 8 issues of Wolverine.

My only big problem with the movies was in the second one it had a huge fucking case of the "Shiny Object" story ending. The end was just a huge case of "Oh look here don't look at the gaping plot hole look over here, we're at the presidents office, looky looky"

Heh sorry about that, just a personal gripe.