WWYD in this situation? (semi-long)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by the_rebirth, Aug 22, 2007.

1. the_rebirth

the_rebirth embrace

Well, sometime in early June I met/then started talking to this girl that I will title SLOB (mainly because this is what she turned out to be). Either way, while I could have taken her out, I never did, and eventually the rejection turned into drama and I basically ended communication with her. This is necessary because...

At the start of this month, I was out with a group of friends and she showed up with her best friend (like sisters, really) and we ended up clicking. LIke to the point where SLOB wanted to leave but her best friend wanted to stay because she was really enjoying BSing/getting to know me. Either way I didn't end up getting her number because of the awkwardness that would bring.

But a week later I showed up with my buddy at the place she waitresses, and again the vibe is GREAT. Like, you could tell that she was on cloud 9 because she did a HORRIBLE job serving us (forgetting things, etc). I mean, i'm sure most people here that date regularly know how it feels when you know that you and someone are really hitting it off. So I get her #, and she texts me as soon as I leave. I'm REALLY feeling good about it at this point.

2 days go by, I give her a call. She texts me back about how she is intrigued by me but because I talked to SLOB first, she thinks it would really be weird seeing as though SLOB goes away to school and she wouldn't want to have a messy situation with her best friend before she goes back to college. Which I could semi-understand because honestly, i've never really seen two girls who are best friends THIS close.

Anyway, fastfoward to now. The SLOB has moved back to Arizona for her junior year, and the girl i'm really feelin is goin away to school but not out of state (45 min - NJ). But still, no real progress. I've probably hit her up via TXT or AIM total 4 times. She carries conversation once I start it, but never iniates. I get real feel that she would like to get to know me but something is holding her back. As far as I know there is NOT another guy in the picture.

The difference between how she acts toward me in person and from a technological distance (phone/AIM/text) is like night and fucking day and it drives me crazy. Normally i'd just write this one off but FOR ONCE I feel like this is a person i'd want to get to know. And the chemistry is pretty damn strong from what i've been able to pick up... not something i'd like to walk away from.

I'm seriously thinking about maybe dropping BACK into her work and laying a bunch of stuff out - straight up asking her on a date, and letting her know that I do date ALOT and she's been the first one to peak my interest in a while. Because obviously she has created a nice wall that I cannot break through unless we have some face-to-face interaction.

Cannot remember the last time i've posted in this forum, mainly because i've been pretty lucky not to have significant dating or relationship problems, but this whole situation has me thrown out of wack, and i'm looking for unbiased opinions. I've already thought that maybe she just does not feel me, was using best friend as an excuse, is going back to school and doesn't want to get involved, etc. But from what I know from other friends, she is the settle down or at least look for quality guy type...

Chime in guys/girls...

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

call and ask her out on an action date. what the FUCK do you have to lose?

3. fray

fray New Member

I agree. Go out with her somewhere. If your problem is you want to get to know her and you can't get through to her unless you're face-to-face, then get face-to-face!

4. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

there is always another guy in the picture...

5. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

Sounds like you have a pretty good frame when it comes to interacting with her in person, enough so that you have her intrigued, etc, as you stated, but end up losing a lot of that when you talk to her on the phone/txt/aim, so she doesn't really associate the feelings she has when she's around you in real life with you when you're coming off differently online, etc.

6. NCS

NCS Active Member

go do it in person. walk in with a purpose, set the date, leave.