COMIC WW3 Theory Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mr Coffee, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Well, DC released their World War Three teaser image and no more information than: "let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction"

Images (split up) can be found at:
    http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/WWIII/bigteaser_1.html
    http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/WWIII/bigteaser_2.html
    http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/WWIII/bigteaser_3.html

Full version:
    http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/WWIII/bigteaser_full.html

Theories:
    Atom is dead? (miniature hand reaching up from the ground in teaser image 1)
    Barry is back! (blue eyed, or so it seems, Flash)

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

Babylon, medieval Batman... Me thinks it might have something to do with crusades? If not, then the current Earth is going to get pretty much fucked..

Medieval Batman again... OUR Batman, a timelost dark ages version or from another earth?

2. axio

axio New Member

That looks like a shitty follow up to OYL. DC does one good arc and two crappy.

3. kia

kia New Member

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Damn Dirty Apes! You Blew it up!

Ok, now that I've got Planet of the Apes out of my system, I thought Superman was powerless. At least, he didn't get his powers back until after 52.

If the multiverse really is back then imo WWIII will deal with that and we'll find out that Kingdom come is one of the multiverses out there.
    And that also means that those characters are highly suspect. How do we know its not Earth A76' atom that's dead (especially since issue 12 of the current Atom series starts the search for Ray Palmer).

Also, from the quote it makes me think that Black Adam is the main cause of WWIII. We haven't seen any of the Black Adam Family OYL, so either Mary Adam or BA3 bites the big one:( . Shame too because the Black Adam Family has got to be my favorite storyline of 52.

4. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Black Adam? Probably not considiring it's probably going to do a lot with the Multiverse. Though he had a part in the creation of the multiverse in Infinite Crisis, i doubt he'd be the main cause. However, it's not just him that's been gone OYL. Steel, Montana, Dibny and the rest too...

However the three things that disturb me the most are the Batman, Kingdom Come Robin and the Legion flight ring... Hmm...

5. one.nine

one.nine OT Supporter

Wow, I hadn't seen that teaser or heard anything about this, but it makes this from JSA v2 02 a lot clearer

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

So it's Richard Gere in tights?

7. kia

kia New Member

Well, World War typically means more then just one country, and Black Adam is the only non-usa character that we spend any significant amount of time with. We also know that early on Black Adam was creating his own Superhero NATO, a collection of countries willing to use their superpowers to help the other countries if needs arise. In other words if Something happens to Black Adam's country then a bunch of other countries automatically join in, leading to a war that might invovle the whole world.

Also, isn't Black Adam's country somewhere around Babylon or wherabouts? I know his country is fiction, but it seems to be in that general direction. Yes, World War III will probably involve the multiverse somehow, but IMO Black Adam is going to be involved in the creation of WWIII

8. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Aah, yes it does mean more than one country, but in comic terms war more usually means a big Galactic war. And considiring the revelation of the multiverse i think it'd be several earths. Black Adam might have got something do with it considiring that the Marvel family is atleast represented by Mary... And all i know about Kandhaq is that it's probably somewhere in the Middle East or something :p

However, you're right, it does seem a bit farfetched NOT to have Black Adam involved in a fight that will be in 52...