GUN WTS: M1A w/ ART Scope Set and Accessories

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by david_4x4, Dec 8, 2009.

1. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Yeah, I know. Yall are broke, why post here, yada yada. Tell your friends or group purchase. I need to buy another machine gun.

Springfield Armory M1A. Has 3-64 dated TRW barrel. Gun still has nice rifling. Ive only placed maybe 150rnds threw it. Gun is on a nice original e2 stock and comes with correct sling. Has dummy selector switch installed. Overall a nice condition gun. Does show some storage marks, but nothing drastic or terrible.

The gun also comes with one standard GI stock, factory springfield armory stock, aluminum upper handguard, original M2 bipod, and 2 mags.

Also included in this set is a "ART 1" scope made by Leatherwood in the early 1970s. I cant say if this is a true First Gen Leatherwood optic as tested by the Army or if it's a commercial variant he later produced in small quantities. Either way, they seem identical. I probably should have asked the guy when I bought the stuff from him.

The second scope that comes with this gun is a early second generation "ART II" scope and mount. The scope and mount are quick detach. This scope was the evolution of the "ART I" scope as tested by the Army. Comes with issued Butler Creek Lense covers.

The last scope is your traditional "ART II" scope and mount setup as fielded by the Army in the late 70s with carrying case. Has two point mounting system scope base and issued lense covers, unfortunately the rubber band has broken, but can probably be replaced. The ART serial label has been halfway torn on this scope.

All scopes are 3x9 and in good to very good condition. Nice clear optics, no dents in the tubes, and work as they should.

Im asking $6k for the set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

wow... That thing is nice looking.

3. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter