GUN Wtf

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by quadracer420, Mar 11, 2007.

1. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

Ok guys I dont post much in here. But today It was nice, around 40-50 and I havent got to shoot my new 10/22 besides in 10-20 degree so i went out and got a cardboard box and shot away. Checking the target i seen the actual bullet just sitting ontop of the snow about 3 feet from the target:dunno: . I had shot a can off of a tree branch but WTF I know its a little gun but damn.

Second it will not eject a empty case all the way and "jam" any one know why? Maybe it needs a cleaning?

CLIFFS: Shot 10/22 today and perfect bullet sitting ontop of snow 3 feet from target. Kept on "jaming" Any ideas? Thanks

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

That's weird about the bullet, no idea how that happened.

For your ejecting cases problem, give it a good cleaning and then try it.

3. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

^^ thats what I figured. I had picked up two of said bullets just because. Also some that did eject looked like someone and pinched the end with pliers.

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

The lack of penetration and poor cycling sounds like you have some shit ammo... what is it?

5. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

Umm i think its federal, you know the 550 rounds for 10$ at walley world. I had thoughtabout buying some better ammo but all the gun shops around here rape you for .22 ammo for some reason.

EDIT: lack of penetitaon ? it looked like someone had just set it ontop of the snow. I mean physics says it should have been in it a little bit at least no?

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

You may have just gotten a bad batch. I've never had a problem with Federal in the bulk pack.

7. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

Maybe. Tomorrow before work ill put around 30-40 rounds through a new pack and see if the same thing happends. It is a VERY nice gun, except the trigger pull and mag release.

8. sprite

sprite Active Member

I assumed it bounced back off the target. Federal bulk is usually pretty shitty stuff but not that bad. If it were just bad cycling then there are lots of things that cause that, but the fact that you're getting like no velocity too makes it seem like the ammo.

Is this a factory new gun, or just new to you? I'd say take it apart, check the barrel for any obstructions, clean & lube it while its apart, then go buy a couple of boxes of CCI Velocitors or MiniMags or something and see what you get.

9. Keesh

Keesh New Member

If you don't mind dropping a few bucks to improve those things, pick up the Volquartsen 10/22 Target Hammer and the Bell & Carlson Extended Magazine Release from here:

http://www.weaponkraft.itgo.com/photo3.html

10. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

Its a factory gun, just got a the first full brick through it yesturday. I had planed on upgrading this gun, its just that money is tight right now as my hours got cut at work, so as soon as I find a second job or a new one ill be able to spend a little extra. What parts do your reccomend?