MIL WTF v cadidiot rantings

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NEp8ntballer, Oct 30, 2007.

1. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

ok, so check this bullshit out. I am REQUIRED to wear a motherfucking costume to motherfucking class on motherfucking Halloween. Not only did I recieve one e-mail, but I recieved three from people in my class.

"Wednesday is an all or none day. Everyone has to where costumes or no one does. I assume no one wants to wear blues. So be a football player, a hick, a Greek, or a ballerina."

"I just wan to add onto C/ Penname's last point in his email he sent out earlier. We as a class have been given the opportunity to participate in a wing morale event --- we can wear a halloween costume to Leadership Laboratory on Wednesday. However, we must all either wear a costume (we don't have to have matching costumes though), or we must be in uniform. As the standardization officer for the week, I gathered some feedback from a few of our classmates in the Cadet Headquarters today, and the general enthusiasm seems to be towards wearing costumes.

Therefore, everyone needs to be wearing a halloween costume Wednesday morning, 31 October. C/So and So has apparently made it clear that "dressing as a college student" is not an option (aka you can't just wear civilian clothes). Neither is showing up in your blues and saying you are dressing up as an Air Force Officer or Airman.

Be creative. This does not have to be an expensive undertaking. It might be some time for teamwork - maybe ask other people to borrow things.
    Failure to wear a costume will result in a memo to C/Snuffy and a visit to Captain Snuffy's office.
    Let's take advantage of this opportunity to be creative and have a little bit of fun!

IF you're having trouble thinking of something, here are some quick and easy ones: togas, redneck/farmer/hick, lifeguard, aerobics instructor, ghost, hobo, or a tourist- just for some ideas!"

She talked to me and knows exactly where I stand on the matter. I don't want to wear a fucking costume. I'm a fucking college student. I haven't fucking dressed up for Halloween since 7th grade.

"It has been confirmed that we will take part in Wednesday's cosutme lead lab. We will be wearing our halloween costumes, so make sure you have yours ready for the morning. I have already discussed this with cadet Falsename, and he has no problem with this."

what the fuck is the deal with all this bullshit about being a professional military organization but wearing goddamn costumes to fucking school? This to me seems kinda bass ackwards. not to mention the three fucking e-mails telling me that I get to revert back to my days as an immature little fuck(oh, wait, some of you old guys are probably saying that those haven't passed yet.)

am I crazy for thinking this is fucking retarded, or is this one small step for jackassery and one giant leap backwards for professionalism?

2. FATBOY

FATBOY OT Supporter

:rofl:

3. dura

dura Guest

oh no, poor you.

4. s3rca

s3rca New Member

you should probably go as a stick in the mud

5. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

That was pretty funny

6. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

186 Days left and then Terminal Leave...im done.

7. Roshambo

Roshambo Yes, I'm a Marine. No, I haven't killed anyone.

Captain Snuffy sounds pretty damn scary. I wouldnt want to have to go to her office!

8. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

Dress up as a suicide bomber.

9. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

wrap a towel around your head

10. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

captain snuffy is a male and prior enlisted. He's pretty damn good at having one way discussions with people.

11. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

As young LT you will have to attend many events that you really would rather not go to. If you have a problem with these types of things, get out now.

12. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

This is a great idea. :noes:

13. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

14. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

I REALLY REALLY HOPE these fucking ROTC homos dress up in class :rofl:

15. MassiveGas

MassiveGas OT Supporter

better than a division run in halloween attire :hsd: our company is gonna wear togas over our PTs :ugh2: gonna need some safety pins, son...i have to carry the guidon too :hs:

16. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

I like to call those formal affairs.

This is just a completely retarded idea made for me to look like a fucking jackass around campus.

Insdav3 - I have a feeling there will be pictures. would you like me to get them so you can have a laugh at the expense of AFROTC?

17. Roshambo

Roshambo Yes, I'm a Marine. No, I haven't killed anyone.

Are you really scared of getting an ass chewing though? I mean.. really? :wiggle:

18. Jyokker

I wasn't just talking about formal affairs.

19. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

not really. it's just that I'd prefer not to anger the higher powers that are responsible for allowing me to continue in ROTC. It might be small shit, but even the smallest drop of water in large pond spreads its ripples through a wide area.

one person didn't wear a costume cause they had nothing to wear, so now we all have to hand write an in turn memo because somebody can't take their bed sheet and make a toga out of it.

then what else were you referring to? how much bullshit do I have to take and how many blood tests and AIDS tests do I need to study for to get out of them? Also, is practicing for a sobriety test a viable excuse?

20. Jyokker

For example: One weekend I went to donate something to the Airman's Attic and when I arrived I found all of the LTs from the squadron were there. They "volunteered" to help move the Airman's Attic from one location to another. The few years I had in service, plus their body language told me they didn't raise their hands for that one. I later found out that the commander had volunteered their weekend away, while dangling the OPR in front of them.

21. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

I can laugh now, but I can see it blowing balls if that was me.

We had something similar happen with optional participation. We made some raised gardens for the handicapped. Our detachment commander volunteered us for the event over fall break without checking to see if there would be enough participants for it. Lucky for him the base visit was canceled clearing up the fall break of about 15 cadets from our detachment. before then there were about three volunteers plus the cadre. It was a fun time though and I'm happy that I did it. But being voluntold is a lot different than doing something of my own semi free will.

22. nvusgt

nvusgt New Member

ohemgee dude are you seriously bitching about something this small while still in school? Your not even in the air force yet and already wondering how much bs you'll have to deal with?

a world of shit son, a world of shit! Might as well get plastic surgery for a permanent smile, cause your gonna need to show them pearly whites and like it.

Less you get surgery for a circular shaped mouth and climb the ranks stupid quick.

23. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

I feel dumb. it took me a couple seconds to get the whole circular shaped mouth thing.

eh, in my current state of affairs, stupid small shit like this is kinda big shit to me. mainly because of the absurdity of asking cadets to wear costumes in lieu of uniforms.

a permanent smile would get me in a lot of shit this summer. I'd be getting asked what I think is so funny every waking moment.