MIL WTF Uncle Sam get it together...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by raand, Jan 28, 2010.

1. raand

raand New Member

I went to Army basic training back in 2004 and got in and out with no problem... I commissioned in December 2009 and find out that the Army in their infinite wisdom has to few seats for officers in signal OBC... there apparently is a backup of 2LT that goes back something like a year and a half... This just seems ridiculous to me they should be able to project how many people they are going to accept into a branch and make that many seats available...

Instead, my National Guard unit is deploying this year and I cannot get into a guaranteed class this fiscal year... There are 0 open seats this fiscal year, just wait lists...

The next time I hear reports about the Army being short on officers I will know why...

edit... 2009 not 2010

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  2. Trlstyle

Trlstyle New Member

Combined with all the advertising they have been doing it just kept bottlenecking.

3. Figori

Figori Taking BRC to the EXTREME. OT Supporter

How's it like in the future? :big grin:

4. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

E-mail the 442d Bn Cdr and ask him if he can assist.

5. raand

raand New Member

I believe my name has already made it to National Guard Bureau as well as throughout my chain of command.. apparently there are quite a few other LTs in my brigade that cannot get into training which is hurting their numbers for deployment...