MMA Wtf tag-team mma??

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Degenerate, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Degenerate

Degenerate Optimus Riem! OT Supporter

I'm watching some old Bushido on the Fight Network and they have some tag-team mma fights. Dan Severn was one of the participants. It looked more like kind of scripted mma gayness. :ugh2:

2. Optamix

Optamix New Member

probably japanese pro wrestling

3. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

ZST has tag team MMA matches, its pretty cool to watch.

4. Degenerate

it wasn't pro wrestling because it was full contact and they really were beating the shit out of eachother.

What made it look scripted as shit like boston crabs, rope breaks etc.

It was pretty interesting to watch. Definately not pro-wrestling. Severn was doing some heavy colour.

5. Degenerate

some parts really did look scripted

but it was still fun to watch

6. that's japanese shoot-style pro-wrestling.

sometimes it would be scripted that a guy would get knocked out... so he'd just have to eat the punch.

7. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah the japanese are notorious for working fights. Pancrase in particular. Theres a lot of rumours that a lot of ken shamrocks fights were works and he even acknowledged in his book that a lot of them were in fact works because he left pancrase on bad terms. Barnett supposedly had some worked fights in pancrase as well but I dont know how reliable those rumours are. i could beleive it though because he does like to do pro wrestling as well as mma.

One of the reasons the ufc picked shamrock to work the franklin fight was because he was the only one who had a lot of experience working fights. Even then it was a horrible work

8. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Yeah I remember seeing that. Shamrock walked in with his hands down as if he was gonna shoot in but he never changed levels and totally expected to get hit. I was new to mma at the time. I was suspicious but chalked it up to him getting hit in the head too many times and becoming uncoordinated.

9. Shamrock fight was not worked. You guys are morons.

People thought Shamrock was still a real fighter and rich was fairly unknown at that time, so people were blown away to see how much shamrock sucked.

10. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

Maybe my dream of a Giant Silva/Butterbean vs. Brock Lesnar/Kimbo tag team match can become a reality some day??

11. Bob Sapp referee?

12. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

[​IMG]

13. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

14. What, him running into a corner and diving into the ropes vs. sakuraba wasn't weird? Shamrock doing something retarded in a fight is not really unexpected.

In the fights that have been confirmed to be works, a guy simply gives up a submission and then taps. This is really fairly believable and an easy way to do it. Why do something so fucking ridiculous. He's not faking being knocked out, he's not faking an injury, he's just flopping around like a retard. If he'd done that and then QUIT, maybe I would think it was a work.

Furthermore, what is the motivation for someone to pay shamrock to lose?

15. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

UFC Middle weight division at the time had no fighters. Franklin was seen as a marketable fighter. They wanted a poster boy for the middle weight division so they could make more money. Frank shamrocks era was over and every one knew it he wasnt marketable any more. Ace was. Thats alot of reason you have any idea of how much money they managed to make off of ace?

shamrock in and of himself is a pretty scumy guy and has on several occasions worked fights when he needed money. he also blows his money every couple of years and you see him woring himself out for what ever he can get

16. Why would the UFC risk its legitimacy just to put over one star in one division?

17. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

for the potential money they could make off franklin and thats assuming it was the UFC and not shamrock himself who had something shady set up with some one. Like I said shamrock is one grimey mother fucker

18. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

Sounds good. Maybe also throw in the team of James Thompson/Zulu and make it a tornado tag match!

19. Degenerate

:bigthumb: