SRS WTF situation with (Catholic) sisters (long)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TopDawg, Oct 15, 2009.

1. TopDawg

TopDawg New Member

Well, I started a thread a while ago in Vaginarium about whether or not to go for a Catholic girl. Anyway, in the end I went with it but recently it's been getting pretty crazy. The situation requires quite an elaborate explanation.

Sister 1: She had a crush on me pretty early on. Called me all the time at night. Eventually I started to develop feelings for her and things took that direction, to the "unofficial" phase of relationship.

Sister 2: I met her on a camping trip with their family (with sister 1). We talked a lot during the ride there. It was later revealed the she has a thing for me (she texted me about it, basically).

So, sibling rivalry and jealousy aside, something even crazier happened. It turned out that Sister 2 has quite a serious case of social anxiety problem that has caused her some mental stability problem. She's had spells of depression and even admitted to me that she "sees people and associates numbers and colors with them." I am not sure if it is delusion or what not. But she's very emotionally needy and not stable.

Fast forward a little bit. After Sister 1 learned of sister 2's problems (I told her about it, which sister 2 does not confide in her family), she told me to please talk to her more often, because apparently sister 2 "talks about you all the time." Anyway, I was juggling between the two sisters (I only had feelings for sister 1 throughout), and it's begun to wear me out. Sister 2 just becomes more dependent of me, and sister 1 seemed to be in a jealousy spell sometimes, and always probed about what things I talk to sister 2 about.

So one time, I told her about the little conversation we had about death, which was really a segue topic from the usual "meaning of life" drivels that we talk about. Sister 1 freaked out (note their religious belief). She didn't pick up the phone for a while, until Sister 3 (yes...) called me and told me that she really freaked out and worried about sister 2's well being. And there was an implication that I gave sister 2 wrong advices. I tried clarifying about how the topic of death came about. Sister 3 assured me that Sister 1 just need some time. So I just kicked myself and said to myself fuck it.

At this point I really didn't want to get involved in the whole affair anymore. I stopped calling either sisters altogether. My feeling for her was nearly diminished when one day, sister 1 called and left a message, saying that she "just wants to be friends." Fine with me. Actually that's what I wanted. I didn't call back, feeling that it's kina pointless to "talk about it". I don't do "friendship" well after romance.

After some sporadic calls from her, which were met with my lukewarm interest, things died down. Then one day, sister 1 called and told me that sister 2's condition have gotten worse, and she is going to take her to see a psychiatrist. I sort of cut her off and said that I "don't want to get involved anymore," and politely apologize for the situation. She got quiet and then didn't call me for a while.

Finally, few days ago, she called me again, and basically lambasted me of "turning my back" on sister 2 when she needed a friend like me to most. She went on and went about how I am a "crappy friend" and I should just "talk to her about stuff". I didn't argue with her. I just apologized and said that I would call her.

So, this whole debacle's really left me a little be confounded. First thing: I do not have any intention for any of the sisters anymore. So anything I do now will not have an ulterior motive to get with either of them. Second: am I wrong for trying to stay out of this? Apparently my not calling sister 2 has indeed caused her condition to worsen. And I do feel some moral obligation as a friend to see her recovery. But I really feel ambivalent about sister 1. Is her vitriol mixed with some hatred for my not wanting to get back with her? What ever I do now is going to be very awkward for me. Man I hate to be in my shoes now.

Sorry for such a long post. Tell me what you think. Thanks!

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Short answer: Unless you're a parent/guardian, you're not responsible for someone's emotional/mental health.

Sister 1 was quite frankly wrong to ask you to "talk to sister 2 more often".

You're doing the right thing.

3. Shadoxity

Shadoxity New Member

RUN!!! ITS A TERP!!!1

but yea, you are not obligated to talk to her or try and help her.
    i have been in a similar situation with friends, albeit not some crazy 3 sister thing with romance involved but friend stuff. and its hard to just cut off and go i cant be responsible for this... it shouldnt be on your head and they are wrong for putting you in that position with trying to make it better.

I say cut loose,

i see it this way

1. you start talking to sister 2 again she gets a bit better, somewhere down the track you want to go for some other girl, she is emotionally attached you dont have time to talk to her cause your involved with other things and then she gets worse and you have the sisters calling you again.;
    rinse and repeat.

2. cut loose, its not your responsibility, it is up to her parents. just get out of there or it will end up destroying you.

4. TopDawg

TopDawg New Member

Thanks for the quick advices. I have since cut off all ties. Feeling a bit guilty, but it's better for me in the end :hs:

5. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

I wouldn't feel guilty, its not like you had been her friend for years or anything. Do your own thing and hope she gets better but its not your responsibility to make her better.

6. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Dot, period, end of that part of the discussion. Nice job Matt.

TS: You admit that you were exhausted by what was going on. When people burn out, they have to focus on themselves and remove themselves from stressful circumstances, especially when it's "voluntary." This convoluted situation involving feelings, psychiatric issues and compromising confidential information was not useful, and had to be stopped by someone who was sane.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

So basically we all told you this would be a horrible idea, you didn't listen and now realize we were all right? Awesome.

8. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

This has come up before? I thought this was a one time event?

9. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

I know it's inappropriate in this situation, but the whole thing is a bit funny, when the 3rd sister showed up I kinda laughed to myself. This is something you only see in movies/tv shows. Especially seeing how you screwed the whole situation by yourself. Should've just gone for sister #1.