WTF of the week.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by imori, Aug 6, 2004.

1. imori

imori Phasma En Machina

Bryan Singer just decided to sell out and go to Warner Brothers instead of sticking to what he started at 20th Century Fox with the X-Men series. would anybody like to take a guess at what movie... just read this Im too disgusted for words at the moment.

2. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

would it make you feel better if i told you hes a man slut who sleeps with 18 year old boys? :fawk:

But yeah, that seriously sucks. I'd rather see him do x3 over superman. I was invited up to the set of x2 in vancouver but didn't trust the guy who invited me so i passed. After seeing the movie, i regret it so much :hs:

3. What if he actually works magic for Warner with Superman? I'd like to see a good Superman movie again-if they can do it with Batman (which I looks like they might actually be trying to do, unlike say Catwoman) wouldn't that be a good thing?

Does this mean there is no way he can do X3? Is it some sort of exclusive contract, or can he do both, just work one, then the other?

4. imori

imori Phasma En Machina

Its not about him doing superman or going to another sudio, not to me anyway.

Singer said in an interview from the first x-men that what the X-men represented was so much more than just a comic book or a movie. They were a testiment to the human condition. Being a mutant is an analogy for just fitting in, which EVERYONE feels like sometimes, everyone, regardless or orgins and creed, nationality and religion and what-have-you can relate to the x-men. Theres a big shpeel that I go into about this, but for the sake of time, space and everyones interest, I wont.

the Superman Mythos is much much different. Not everyone can relate to it because superman is so far removed from human nature. In alot of ways Superman is Christ-like and that comparison has been made time and time again.

basically I just think the x-men made a better story because everyone can naturally relate to them, and see them on their own level. Superman, everyone is forced to look up to him, which I just have a problem with.

that and.... finish what you fucking started damn it! You gave us a little hint of the phoenix saga and your going to do a DC book.... SELL OUT!