GUN WTF is wrong with people at the range?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Market Garden, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Laurel and I did some shooting at our local range today, and we were discussing barrel break in and cleaning with one of the guys there. He was really nice and we had a nice time talking to him. As we were standing around getting ready to pull down our targets and go home the guy asked me if I had followed a break in procedure for my Lilja barrel on my 700. I told him that not only had I done no break in, but I haven't cleaned it since it was new either (a little over 200 rounds so far.) This woman who was standing next to us decides to chime in and says, in a most condescending tone, "it's metal, and metal needs to be clean or it's going to pit and rust." I held my fingers up to signify a very small distance and told her that it can shoot groups like that, and that it will stay dirty. She didn't say anything else.

I mean, what a bitch. I understand that you want to store stuff in a dry environment, and if I didn't shoot it regularly I'd clean it before I stored it, but to just butt in to my conversation with this guy was totally rude. Fuck her.

Oh, and this is my SH Practical Tactical target from today. Only took 2 shots to zero for the conditions today, then 1 shot on each .5" dot at 100 yards. The numbers are the order in which I shot the dots. I was 100% until shot 12 :wtc: I got too excited about it and lost my concentration, Still, 12/15 hits on .5" dots is pretty damn good.

[​IMG]

2. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

90% of our society are fucking morons. that pretty much answers your question and all I read was the thread title

3. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

looks like your lack of cleaning started to kick in around 12

4. :rofl: and true.

5. :squint: 14 was good. I was really tense for the last few shots, and I knew I pulled them as soon as I touched them off.

6. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

14 must have missed some of the pitting

7. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

and rust

8. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

I don't believe him anyways. Those are Laurel's shots. Craig can't shoot that well.

9. Laurel managed to hit 4 of the dots, but she only shot at 12 of them on her target.

10. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

mmhmm

11. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

"And you're a woman. Woman need to stay in the kitchen, or else they get beat"

12. :rofl: She looked like the kind of woman who belonged in a WalMart more than a kitchen.

13. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

yeah, FUCK that dyke.

14. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

I was way to impatient to follow Lilja's break in procedure on my AR

15. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

to quote a buddy of mine, "if your expensive aftermarket barrel has burrs and rough spots you should kick the manufacturer in the penis. There is no agreeance on break in procedure so just shoot it."