WTF is wrong with my monitor?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LtBk, Aug 7, 2005.

1. LtBk

LtBk New Member

Since May, i been getting some monitor problems that happens randomly during morning time when i start up our computer. Sometimes my monitor screen is covered with red or some other color, other times the monitor doesn't show any anything and can't turn it off. I solve them by shuting down the comp, unpluging and repluging the monitor cord, and turning back on. Any solution to this?
    Here are my specs:
    Gateway 500GR
    3.00 Ghz P4 CPU with HT
    1024MB Dual Channel DDR RAM
    128MB ATI X700 Pro graphics card with latest drivers
    Sony SDM-HS93 LCD monitor(got it at December)

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Do you have any devices near your monitor that may disburse a magnetic charge? IE, speakers, possibly microphone, television, etc. If so, try removing them from the area and see if it improves.

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

It could be your video card too. Do you have to actually shut down the computer, or does just unplugging the monitor alleviate the problem?

If you can possibly try the monitor with another computer, or try the computer with another monitor, that would be the best way to figure out which is the problem. Whichever one it is, you'll just have to replace it or live with it... it's a hardware defect.

4. LtBk

LtBk New Member

Unplugging the monitor does alleviate the problem but i have to shut it down for it to work again.