WTF is wrong with my abs...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by pooshda, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pooshda

pooshda New Member

Maybe nothing at all, but my abs seem sort of wierd... on the second row of abs down from the top, where the dividing line should be between the two muscles it kind of sticks out like a little lump (instead of the line being there) when im doing a crunch or a leg lift or something, it looks really fucking wierd... is it common for people to sometimes have some deformed wierd looking abdominals like that? :ugh:

Otherwise they are cool, but that second row is kind of sketchy... I wish I had a camera. The lump is a little smaller than a golf ball and its like directly above my belly button... looks like one of those Aliens is gonna pop out of my stomach and Sigourney Weaver is gonna have to come kill it :eek4:

Ill try and find a camera and get a shot of that shit though... Maybe it just needs to be worked out more and it will flatten out? :squint:

2. pooshda

pooshda New Member

Hmm, now that I feel that shit... its like I have one solid ab muscle on the second row instead of two, I wonder if I like pulled it or fucked it up somehow a while ago and never knew it.

3. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

Any pain at all? Possible hernia?

4. Chewbs

Chewbs Swollen Member

hernia? fibroma?

5. pooshda

pooshda New Member

No pain... just kind of deformed :hsugh:

I guess the alien reference was a little overkill, its not THAT bad, but it is wierd because usually there is a division between the two abdominals right where the lump is... it doesnt show up unless im doing a crunch or something though, even flexing does not really bring it out much.

I just did some crunches about 2 minutes ago and it does not hurt at all... I noticed this quite some time ago but then forgot about it since I have not really done any abdominal work in a while but just remembered it since I started doing crunches again.

I wish I had health insurance, Id go get it checked out but Im kinda broke at the moment :squint:

6. pooshda

pooshda New Member

Heh... maybe it is a Hernia or something, I never felt any pain but I just pressed on it with medium pressure with my finger tip and I can make it hurt a little bit, Its just wierd its like I have a single abdominal muscle instead of the pair.

How would something like this be fixed, would it require surgery or something?? I want to get it checked out but that shit is expensive... Im trying to pay off debt just what I need is another set-back :rolleyes:

I probably should have had it checked out a year or two ago... I never really thought anything of it a while ago but I never really did any abdominal stuff so it never really was that noticeable.

But I guess in other news, I have gained 8lbs since the 12th... (I am trying to bulk up) thats more than I thought I could gain in that period of time and I dont really look any flabbier but I do look more muscular so at least I can be happy about something besides my deformity :hsd:

7. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

Wait till it gets debilitating before you go to the doctor so you get better value for your dollar.:ugh2:

8. pooshda

pooshda New Member

:rofl: That's usually how I do it... I have only had medical attention a handful of times in the past 15 years or so... I used to see the doctor more regularly when I was younger but I avoid spending money on that stuff is at all possible.

It has not been noticeably painful in years though, I did a looooong time ago in school do so many situps at once that I could barely get out of bed for 2 days and was in horrible pain because I wanted to outdo everyone else in gym class, maybe I fucked something up all the way back then and I didnt know it :hs:

I did beat everyone else in class though... but it wasnt worth it :mamoru:

9. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

Sounding more and more like a hernia the more you describe it. Google it and take it from there.

OP: Hi guys I have this white stick kind of thing protruding from my back anyone know what it could be? I was squatting (read:blingin) 500 and heard a crack and then dragged myself over and looked in the mirror and noticed this bloody thing hanging out. Help :(

1st reply: Its your spine. Congrats on outdoing DW

OP: Nah I can't afford to get treatment. Can someone else give me free professional advice? I don't care if it makes me a cripple for life as long as it costs me nothing so I can blow my allowance on an xbox.

............:mb:

10. pooshda

pooshda New Member

:rofl: I get the point...

Yeah after I get the bills this month paid Ill see what I have left over and definately get an appointment if I have a little extra. Minimum payments on the bills won't hurt once and a while :hs:

11. pooshda

pooshda New Member

Well I called around a few places to see who would take new patients without insurance and I have not really found anywhere that will take me in the near future yet so...

I am wondering if I worked this up too much, maybe there is nothing wrong... ever since I can remember my abs were not near simetrical so maybe thats why it looks wierd. Is it possible that if you have not worked out your abs in a long time that when you press down hard and feel around that you cannot detect the division between the two muscles?

Maybe everything is normal and I dont have the division there simply because I have not worked them out in so long, I am quite thin though and its not an issue of fat covering them to where I wouldnt be able to feel them. I guess its possible for them to be "lop-sided" and much larger on one side than the other though.

If it was a hernia... would the lump be "soft" because when I push on it, its relatively firm just like the rest of my abs, its just shaped abnormally. I think maybe I will work them out for a week or two and if I start to detect any pain then I will DEFINATELY get them checked, hell maybe they will start to flatten out like normal once I start working them regularly... I just dont want to go in there and have absolutely nothing wrong with me and just waste $120 for no fucking reason.

12. Moistfly

Moistfly Anal Bum Cover

I don't know if this is true for all hernias but my mom had one and it was fairly "firm" to touch ... however the protrusion could actually be pushed back "inside" the torn tissue and you could feel the tear once the protrusion was pushed back in. To repair hers they essentially pushed whatever mass was protruding and sewed a patch over the hole. Her hernia was located just above her belly button.

13. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

Everyone's abs are different

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.