WTF is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BadKat, May 12, 2008.

1. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

:ugh: Up until my depression got really bad and out of control, I've always had a relatively decent sex drive, but what I'm experiencing right now is ridiculous.

My BT/FWB, whatever, came over and spent the majority of the afternoon and all of the evening with me. Sex, dinner, movie, sex, more of the same movie, sex. Then today, I've already gotten myself off twice (BT's not coming over, I probably won't see him again until Tues or Weds) and could still go another couple of rounds.

:wtf: seriously? Has any other OP gone through this? I just feel like I want it ALL the time, could do it multiple times a day, which is way more than my relatively decent (several times a week, less than twice and I was bitchy) sex drive was like.

I'm sooo not used to this!

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

How long has this been going on? Maybe you're ovulating

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

As of lately my sex drive is down a little (for reasons untold), but normally I want sex constantly. Only difference is I rarely masturbate to relieve that craving, I just wait for my bf to bang me :mamoru:

Anywho, it seems to me that this shouldn't be anything to stress over. Unless it is keeping you from functioning normally or you feel you are almost addicted then I'm willing to bet you and the BT are just having such great sex lately that you can't wait to have more. No harm there :dunno:

4. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

I don't have a choice :o Since BT can't get over here every day or even every other day. We have great sex, but I've been having trouble reaching orgasm, which may be contributing to the increased sex drive :dunno:

But I have noticed an increase all around. I think about sex constantly, at work, at home, at the grocery store. I am starting to worry that it might be becoming an unhealthy obsession.

5. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

are you saying that you're depressed at this time, or that you have been depressed for a while but now you're not? are you being medicated? how long has this been going on?

6. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

I've been battling depression for YEARS. Probably since I was 20, so 6 years, easy. I pretty much know exactly when my depression kicked in (full throttle, I think I was slipping earlier than that though), and that was 6 years ago. I'm medicated (50mg Zoloft) and take my medication daily. This is the second med I've been on in a year, but it's working. Celexa didn't work for me AT ALL.

I'm dealing with a lot of personal crap (the end of my marriage, being left while he goes on a deployment with that floating around) on top of the depression that would be enough to make a non-depressed person depressed.

Funny thing is, this guy I'm seeing, gets it. A few weeks back I didn't think this was going to go anywhere, but we've had a lot of discussions about things. He's wonderful about making sure that I"m taking care of myself, you know, eating, sleeping, etc. I had a panic attack while he was over one night and he was amazing through the whole thing, found my meds for me (I'm on an anti-anxiety medication for ONLY when I have attacks, which isn't very often) and helped get me through it.

But I don't really think that has anything to do with the current sitch in regards to the sex drive. Unless my increased sex drive is connected to BT :dunno:

7. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

well I was thinking more along the lines of a manic state alternating with depression, which would indicate bipolar disorder. During that time you could become hypersexual and never be able to feel sexually satisfied, constantly thinking about it and needing it more and more.

Of course it could jsut be that you've found someone amazing, who just GETS you. your attraction is based on the fulfillment you feel and the serious life turn around you're experiencing following the break up of your marriage and major depressive state.

8. Mr J

Mr J New Member

Weren't you bitching about guys being cunts the other day? And now you want to fuck them all day long? wtf.

9. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Well, considering that I'm already dealing with a Therapist and my Doctor, I'm not too concerned about being Bipolar. When I was 14 my Mother tried to have me diagnosed as Bipolar because I was acting like a typical moody teenager :dunno: The Dr's laughed in her face. When I became an adult and started dealing with these issues, it was the first thing that I asked my Dr. and Therapist. Both agreed that I am not Bipolar, I don't fit the characteristics. What I am is a clinically depressed person who is still capable of feeling the highs and lows of life :hsd:

Or I'm just a horndog? :mamoru: Nah. Seriously though, the last time I felt like I do now, the sex drive included, was when I was with another boyfriend YEARS ago (18-20).

Yep, because sometimes it's not always about MY relationship, or that particular situation. You forget, I'm also still dealing with my soon-to-be Ex-husband.

10. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

Don't forget that woman's sexual prime is in her 30's and the closer you get to that age the more you will change when it comes to sexual desire satisfaction and everything else related to it.

I recall going through the same period for me it lasted 3-4 years and i am just now starting to settle to more acceptable mind set. What i am noticing though is that now that you mentioned it i was in the same situation divorced, depressed and with a new bf who was somewhat great in bed. I doubt that had anything to do with it though.

11. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

:eek3: I hadn't even thought of that! Yeah, at 26, heading towards my 30's, that would make sense.

I'm sure having someone new in my bed, some of the depression and the divorce does factor into everything to a degree. I'm just NOT used to this and was starting to wonder if there was something seriously wrong with me.

12. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

No, it's not normal for it to go up, maybe the medication is working so well that I'm just getting back to "normal" which is a higher sex drive than I remember? :dunno: I mean, I remember wanting it a lot before, but maybe it's just been so long since I had a decent sex drive that I didn't realize how high it was prior?

I'm actually between therapists right now, so I can ask my regular doctor when I go in on Weds for my annual, I guess.

13. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

It's also possible that you're just going through a really horny phase. Although I'm OD, my libido fluctuates like that. I usually get release of some form once a day and it's enough, but there are times, sometimes a week or two in length, where if I'm not getting off at least 3 times a day, I will have an erection pretty much any time I'm not fully occupied by something.

14. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

not to be a complete chode but what is a BT?

........ boy toy??? ohhh. lol

15. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

:naughty: :rofl: yeah

16. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

I don't have intense orgasms on my own, not extremely very satisfying anyway. Those usually only happen with a partner :dunno: it's just all much more gratifying when there's another person involved, for me at least.

I did go off my last form of BC while I prepare to get my IUD, that might have something to do with it, which I hadn't even thought of until you mentioned it

17. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

BC change, getting close to 30, BT/FWB who gets you, maybe time to go off the meds.......cliffs on my BT can't become more regular?

18. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Well...it's a sticky situation.For starters, I have a 3 year old, so he has to come to me as I have no family in the area so going out in virtually impossible. I work days M-F and He works a lot of evenings and has class 3 nights a week as well. So getting together for anything can sometimes be difficult.

There's also circumstances with his own current living situation that sometimes interferes as well. We're hoping that in August, when there will be a LOT of changes for him, things will become a little easier.