WTF is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by hayte997, Jul 5, 2005.

1. hayte997

hayte997 Guest

So me and my GF have been together for almost a year now. She's always telling me how in love she is, how I am her best friend and how she's have never even remotely felt this way towards any guy she has dated in the past. But even after all of the love and affection she shows, I still can't trsut her enough to the point where I can fully fall in love with her since I'm holding back in case I get hurt.
    It sucks. Any ideas on how to change? Or overcome this?

And no therapy isn't an option.
    :wtc:

2. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

you just have to suck it up and give it a chance. that is the only advice i can give. It may be hard, but it will feel oh so good when you do.

3. LongDongWong

LongDongWong U can call me Mr.Wong

i know im holding back when it comes to my gf, also afraid of being hurt.....been together for 8 months.....she brings up the fact that she knows im holding back and i dont deny it....i try hard to let loose, but how do i know if im no longer holding back and giving it my all? what are the signs....no matter how hard i try...i think im giving my all but she says im still holding back....

4. JohNny T

JohNny T Guest

life, love, and lust are all chance, you'll never have them till you throw caution into the wind....

5. cavgurl99

cavgurl99 Guest

this is one of those things that you just have to take a chance on-if you do and you do get hurt you have to take time get over it and try again because all people are not out to hurt you but there are those select few but in your case by what it sounds like i dont think that you have anything to worry about. go for it-take a chance-and enjoy the feeling of being in love. :wavey:

6. Sexican

Sexican New Member

speaking of throwing something in the wind...werent you the guy with the nasty smell in his crotch area?

7. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that thread was equally hilarious and disturbing at the same time:ughpoon:

9. HyTymez

HyTymez New Member

:rofl:damn thats fucked up:rofl:

10. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

lol gold

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

If you cant trust her, do her a favor and let her go. It sounds like you have some issues you need to work out personally before you try a real relationship. And the fact that you said no to any kind of therapy right at the beginning is funny, you arent even willing to seek help to be able to love this girl that you say loves you so much.

There is no magic trick to love and trust, you go out on a limb and take a chance. Once you inch out there it starts to feel good. My girl has enough on me to ruin my life instantly upon breakup...I dont really fear it though, I trust her. It takes time, but man, after a year you should really be able to trust someone. Each person is different though I guess...

12. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Probably because she has no experience being in love. That is such bullshit. Most people fall in love with many people in their lifetime. Maybe you're thinking what happens if she does find another guy she falls in love with? How will she handle it? She has no idea how she would handle it.

But what does it matter? No matter how great two people are there's always a chance of them splitting up. Fate decides your highs, lows, and whether or not you two will stay together. Enjoy what you are able to and don't take it too seriously

13. Eris

Eris Yes please

I'd say nothing. It's easier not to put yourself out there completely. I know I'm at at the point in life where I'd like to settle down and realy commit (not necessarily marriage). And that can't happen unless I am willing to give myself completely over.

You've just got to able to trust yourself enough to give someone that chance and trust that they won't hurt you.

If you can't do that ... then perhaps it's best to get out of the realtionship before she becomes more emotionally invested.

Afterall trust is the foundation of any relationship be it friendship or otherwise. Without it .... there isn't much chance for success. (Well that's my take on it anyway).

14. booxbooxkittie

booxbooxkittie New Member

I held back too with the boy I was with and just recently gave my full heart and soul out and I just got hurt like a mother fucker. Even though I got hurt, it was still worth it...like they say, it is better to have lost love than to paint a smile and pretend. Good luck :)