WTF is with Cingular Motorola Phones?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ty Webb, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

I have the motorola V400 or something. I cant remember off hand. My service is through cingular.

What the hell is with this phone/service? Anywhere I go, I get interference with computers, speakers, televisions, radios.

I always hear this buzzing sound coming from speakers and when around computers, the screen goes nuts at any random moment.

Can someone explain why there is so much interference? My Spring service never did this.

2. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

I would assume it is possibly linked to internal interference when the phone cranks up transmit power to overcome poor reception.

3. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

Perhaps a bad unit? None of my phones have that problem, but they aren't Motorola. My buddy hasn't complained of any interference with his, and he does computer work for a living.

4. Miller2000

Miller2000 New Member

Ive heard that this is a common problem with Motorolas as far as interference with other electrical devices (computers, tvs, etc). I have Cingular too but with a Nokia 6230 and have yet to have any buzzing. Check over in the cell phone section, Im sure a bunch of the guys over there would have a better idea with that.

5. EPD Hater

EPD Hater New Member

My girlfriend's Motorola T721 (GSM w/AT&T Wireless) interfered with TV's when they are off. This is more annoying than TDMA interference.

6. ryan2k

ryan2k New Member

My gf and I both use Cingular and have the v400s.. same crap happens with ours.. kinda funny when im at work..interferes with this old ass clock radio i have, and of course the computer speakers and monitor.. freakin goes berserk.. the looks on peoples' faces when it does it when they are around .. classic..

7. Baited

Baited Fur Ballin OT Supporter

i have a sony ericson (cingular) and if my speakers are for my computer ihear the buzzing anytime someone is calling me and when im on the phone...it was kind of neat to know that someone is going to call you in about 5 seconds...but it gets annoying and loud during the phone call :p

8. this

this Guest

I have the Motoralla v400 with Cingular and haven't experienced this.

9. Whalephat

Whalephat Conservative Bastard

I experienced this all the time with my T720 and Cingular. Never with my Verizon phones. GSM = teh suck

10. FireIce

FireIce New Member

I had a v400 from Cingular and I never had this problem. Sometimes if my phone was near the HU in my car it would make a weird noise. But that's the only problem I've had that sounds anything like that.

11. rezin

rezin Put it in the air with the chronic/ My lyrics like

i have v551 and occasionally my computer speakers make a weird sound when my phone is right by them but only my computer speakers do it. before i had an i90c phone and that messed with my car speakers all the time

12. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

i have the v400 and it does the same thing its just the waves coming out of the phone

13. quickone

quickone New Member

I had a nokia phone through cingular that did it around tvs/speakers. I could always tell a few seconds before that someone was about to call me. I have the motorola t730 now with verizon and havent had a problem yet and i've had it for a year

14. tat was blue

tat was blue New Member

i work for cingulars customer care and all i have to say is, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! get a nokia. all moterola phones suck arse

15. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

STFU.

my old nokia 6340 (both of them) did it, my wife's 6340i does it. my motorola V400 does it.

16. wesdood

wesdood New Member

when my cuzin came over, it did that 2. but he has 3 phones so i didn' 1 but he has 2 cigular though... that he always carries around.. for sum reason

17. mestizo

mestizo New Member

common problem, both my motorola cell phones did it. i have to turn my cell off at night cause y speakers will buzz... its not subtle either if my phone is right next to them on the desk. itll pick up random interference and i can hear it from downstairs most of the time.