WTF is up with my GF's period?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by toconnx, Jul 17, 2006.

1. toconnx

toconnx New Member

I dunno where to ask this, but I figured this forum would get more serious replies than in offtopic. And I know she should consult a doctor, but I'm just looking for some input before she goes to see one...

So my girlfriend and I haven't really been sexually active since May, when we were last at school. We try to be careful and use protection. We had sex for the last time at school and then she got her period as normal. In June, she didn't get her period, just an extremely light "brownish discharge" that lasted about 10 days and she described it as feeling like she was constantly on the verge of getting her period. Keep in mind we did not have sex at all between her last real period and this one. At the end of that "period" I finally got to see her and we had sex once. Now this month she's going through the same thing. She says she'll have a couple spots of red from time to time but mostly it's just a really light, brown discharge. Last year she had the same thing for one month in July. Is this extremely out of the normal? What could it be? I severely doubt pregnancy because she got her period after the last time we were really sexually active, and this sort of thing happened last year too (although for only 1 month, not 2 in a row) but I have to admit it's been on my mind... any thoughts?

cliffs :
    -girlfriend and I are sexually active at school.
    -school ends, as does our sexual activity with it.
    -she gets a normal period
    -then twice in a row instead of getting her periods she gets a feeling as if she is "on the verge of getting it" accompanied with a light, brownish discharge.
    -same thing happened 1 month last year, in July. (this year, June and July)

Thoughts?

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Is she faithful to you? Have her take a pregnancy test anyway ;) and then have her see her doctor. Some women skip periods and they aren't pregnant. Some women actually bleed while they are pregnant (making them think they had a period).

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Stress, Nutrition, lifestyle change, heat, hormones... Anythign could be the cause.

I'm leaning towards the idea that maybe since she's out of school or soemthing, her eating/nutrition has changed a little and it's tripping up her system.

Just haave her talk to her doc and see what's what.

4. toconnx

toconnx New Member

yea, her family life stresses her out somewhat and she's an anxious person to begin with. She also exercises a lot more and a lot harder when she's at home. Her dad is like a bbq fanatic so she probably eats about 3 times the meat and half the vegetables she does at school. I'm leaning towards some combination of your explanation - especially since the same thing happened last year. But it's still worrying me :hs: She's scheduled to see a doctor in a couple weeks and is talking to the doc then...

5. toconnx

toconnx New Member

Yea, I plan on having her take a prego test if the doctor says there's the chance. She's definitely faithful to me, not a question in my mind - I would bet my life on it. At any rate, yea. I know that women skip their periods all the time from a bunch of different reasons. A friend of mine didn't get her period for 4 months at one point. And it's not like she completely misses it, when she should be getting her period she gets the feeling as if it's about to come on and then it's just a light brown discharge and occasional red spotting instead of the regular menstrual thing. And yea, I know that sometimes women can be prego and still get a period. That's the scary part :hs: I just have my fingers crossed...

6. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

You never stated how regular her cycle was to begin with. Some women can literally set their watches by their periods..... maybe she is not one of them.... hey, I'm not either. I could go three or four months without a period even without ever having sex. FUCKING WEIRD. Then it turned out I have endometriosis.

Now in addition to having my tubes tied, I stayed on the pill and even then my period is never really that regular. It's always off by a few days, even a week.

At least I don't have to worry about getting knocked up :)

7. toconnx

toconnx New Member

She was somewhat regular but never clockwork. She was usually off by a couple of days. Sometimes as much as a week. But she did atleast somewhat follow a regular cycle.

8. ExiLe

ExiLe dAwt OT Supporter

If she's on birth control that can also be the cause. But I take it she wasn't if you're wondering she's pregnant.

9. Hunter Michaels

Hunter Michaels The Real American Gigolo

i agree with empress, her issues are prolly arising from stress, lack of adequate nutrition, lifestyle change, or some combination of the three.

10. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Is she really thin too? That might have something to do with it.

11. toconnx

toconnx New Member

She's not outrageously thin (i.e. looks anorexic) but she's pretty slender and has been losing weight since she works out so much. She's relatively muscular and is about 5'5 120. I think she's lost about 8 or so pounds since coming home for the summer because she eats less / works out more :dunno:

12. toconnx

toconnx New Member

No, unfortunately she's not on BC. I'm not too concerned about pregnancy but, like I said, it's on my mind...

13. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

She may have just dropped below the requisite body fat % needed to get a period. Maybe she's not anorexic, but her ratio could be off. Happens alot with gymnasts and dancers.

14. toconnx

toconnx New Member

well, she's not that thin - she's been skinnier than she is now. Last summer she was about 115 or so with a similar amount of muscle and this period thing happened one month, but she was fine for the rest of the summer... So I doubt 120 is a problem...