GUN WTF is the deal with hi-cap magazines for ar-15's!?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fst89lx, Dec 2, 2002.

1. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

Who makes a reliable hi-cap magazine for a ar15!? A friend of mine bought a 30rnd mag for his at a local store and it would jam at least once every 2-3 rounds! It would usually try to feed 2 bullets at the same time causing the bolt to hang. I just bought a triple K brand 20 rounder and it jammed twice on me when there was 3 rounds left in it. the last time it was pretty bad, the bolt wedged itself under one cartridge about 1/2 inch and then another one was trying to feed into the chamber... ( I have a pic I will post tomorrow sometime to try to help explain)

we both have factory 10 round mags that feed flawlessly in both our guns. so I don't think it is anything wrong with the gun itself.

Where in the hell can I find a reliable feeding 20-30 round magazine!!!

2. novass

novass Guest

go here....

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/22330synorde.html

This is all I ever use, they feed perfect, every time. Guess what, they are PLASTIC ! They were developed for the Isralie army to work in sand .

Matter of fact I have a couple friends that use AR.15. They use the same mags. You can get them at a couple places but I have had luck getting them threw these guys.

3. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

The same friend that I mentioned before with the mag that would jam on him all the time, he also has one of those plastic mags that feeds like a CHAMP all the time! but he got his at a gunshow, and I don't want to wait for another one of those to come rolling around!

Ill check out that website too, Thanks!

4. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

What kind of AR? My Bushy only takes aluminum ones, no steel no plastic. I only use Colt, Parson's or FN produced ex GI mags. Nothing else.

BTW where in Mich?

5. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

Both my friend and I have Bushmaster's, and I am in Jackson.

6. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

hhmm, I'm still a die hard GI mag guy. I'd love to see how those isreali mags work though. What part of mich is jackson?

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

i use Colt or FN mags mainly. i do have a used Orlite mag that has never failed me, though. Probably pick up a new one and give it a shot.

8. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

I only use colt in both of my colt ar's. :dunno:

9. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

You might try replacing the followers. Some mags have notoriously bad followers. You should be able to find AR mag reconditioning kits at tapco.com or someplace like that.

10. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

jackson is about 60 miles west of Detroit.

I have heard the follower issue as well, someone had told me that the black ones suck and the green ones are good, but I don't know how much truth there is to it. where do you all buy your stuff? All I can find around here is Triple K brand and the ones that are just advertised as "High capacity magazines!"

11. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

12. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

:werd: That place is cool, I am just too damn lazy to register to use the forum LOL. guess I should take the 10 seconds and fill out the form :)

13. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

yeah, it's got great info and I've met alot of cool people on there. How else you gonna find out about the good shoots??

14. novass

novass Guest

The only problem with AR-15 .com is its SLOW! Do a search for the Maryland AR-15 board. Tons of info and it moves faster.