WTF is saturated fat?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by numLocked, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. numLocked

numLocked New Member

I eat a bunch of it, and in my experience, it's quite tasty.

I'm just wondering if it makes you fat or if it's unhealthy for you in some other way. Because I'm quite skinny and don't gain weight, so if it makes you fat then thats awesome cause i can eat tons of it and not care at all, but if it makes your balls fall off or something, then I should probably not eat a ridiculous amount of it. I know you need some saturated fat, and that it't the trans fat that's bad...why is it bad though?

2. SteveO

SteveO Guest

fat that's saturated

3. numLocked

numLocked New Member

ohhhhhhh :slap:

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

Saturated fat accumlates in your balls. Eventually your balls will get sick of it, pack there shit up, and leave.

5. gjames6969

gjames6969 New Member

It has like extra hydrogens in it, which makes it harder to digest. Or something like that..

it's evil.

6. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

:rofl:

7. The Big Eye

The Big Eye New Member

http://www.dietsite.com/dt/diets/HeartHealthy/fatdictionary.asp#SATURATED FATS:

Saturated fats are usually solid or almost solid at room temperature. All animal fats, such as those in meat, poultry, and dairy products are saturated. Processed and fast foods are also saturated. Vegetable oils also can be saturated. Palm, palm kernel and coconut oils are saturated vegetable oils. (Fats containing mostly unsaturated fat can be made more saturated through a process called "hydrogenation." See the definition for hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated.")

Saturated fats are the very unhealthy fats. They make the body produce more cholesterol, which may raise blood cholesterol levels. Excess saturated fat is related to an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. The amount of cholesterol found in foods is not as important as the amount of saturated fat. Of all the fats, saturated fat is the most potent determinant of blood cholesterol levels. Saturated fats stimulates the production of LDL cholesterol ("bad" cholesterol) and therefore increases blood cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease. Saturated fats raise cholesterol levels and LDL-cholesterol levels more than dietary cholesterol itself.

8. numLocked

numLocked New Member

ahhh, ok, thanks. so i guess that is kinda bad because i have slightly high cholesterol

9. indianghetto69er

indianghetto69er New Member

fat molecules are different in their composition, saturated, unsaturated and polyunsaturated
    the differences are just in the number of hydrogen atoms attached to em

basically its like fat is ball of string (energy or calories) saturated fat is a tangled mess, hard to get anything out of them, unsaturated is like string with few tangles, and polyunsaturated is like a neatly coiled string. the more saturated it is, the more it will stay and clog your arteries

10. ralyks

ralyks New Member

11. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

what about MCTs , medium chain triglycerides, its a saturated fat, is it not sold as a suplement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.