WTF iPod battery completly discharged?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by skolen, Apr 10, 2007.

1. skolen

skolen Guest

So I go to plug my iPod in after it's just sat on my desk since Saturday and it tells me the battery is completely dead. Dead to the point of not syncing until it has some juice in it.

It's been plugged in for about 10min and it's sitting at the Apple logo on the black screen and I know it should be charged by now. It was last used in my cars Pioneer 6800MP iPod adapter interface and it had a full charge before that.

There's no way in hell it would have completely drained in 3 days. I've had this sit unused for a week and it still had an untouched charge indication. I completely baby the thing, it actually sat unopened until I found a hard shell I liked to put it in.

Oh and it's an 80gb bought in October/November sometime. How forgiving is the Apple Store about stuff like this?

2. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

thats happened to mine a couple times, i jsut let it sit and charge for a bit, then reset it.

if that doesnt work, youre still well under a year, just bring it to the genius bar.

3. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

my ipod totally discharged when i left it in my car for a couple of days, the 5 degree weather killed the juice

it's an ipod mini and it still works

4. skolen

skolen Guest

I called Apple Care and their sending out a box. I'm not gonna take any chances and just have it delt with.

5. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

you dont have an alarm set on it, right? mine did that a lot, and i forgot that i had an alarm set, so it would go off and drain the battery.something to look into.

6. skolen

skolen Guest

It fits my entire collection. So the only time I plug it in is to sync the occasional new playlist or to charge it from the red. Since I don't use it all the time that amounts to every 2 weeks or so.

7. ih8mice

ih8mice New Member

i've found that mine will start acting up after an extended period w/o syncing (2-4 weeks)