WTF illustrator error?!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cedric, Jul 11, 2005.

1. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I'm having issues with my Illustrator CS. Every time I try to save a file, it's giving me an error message "PDF File Format is having difficulties, error code 912504." I've looked it up everywhere I can think of and nobody can tell me anything. I can't make changes to the file and save them. I'm pretty sure it's not the permissions, because I went into the file and changed them all to read and write. Any ideas on what's going on here? :x:

2. Does this happen with every file? Can you save as? Did this just start recently?

3. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

no it wouldn't let me save as or even save a copy, and it just started on Thursday. It's only happening with certain .ai files. I fixed it on my computer by changing the permissions on the parent folder. The odd thing is that my boss' computer is doing it too now, and I didn't touch a thing on it :wtf: . His computer is a fucking mess though, files everywhere, so there's no parent folder I can just change the permissions of and have it change the permissions of every subfolder below it.

4. asshole

asshole dont eat yellow snow! OT Supporter

okay ive had problems like this in the past but it was due to poor network and old slow ass servers corrupting files when working off a networkserver.
    now i dont have this problem with my xserve and gigE network :big grin:
    I forgot to mention you can post this on adobe's forums and the techs might beable to help you if this is infact a corrupted file or a program issue.