SRS WTF happened to me last night?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Silvertone, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Silvertone

Silvertone New Member

okay here's the story (in cliffs because its so much easier that way)

1. Gf comes home from washington DC (i'm in college now 3hrs away from her, she's still in hs)
    2. Gives me the third degree about being jealous of her new obsession with washinton DC and her week of mock congress (some organized event, go figure)
    3. After 15 min of prying she flips out and confesses she grinded with another guy (i'm not mad just annoyed she was beating around the bush)
    4. She wanted me to be mad at her for it and i couldnt for the actual dancing but for misleading me at the beginning
    5. I call her and tell her that i'm not going to stay angry and if she really wants something done about this, she's more than welcome to take a couple days and think about everything.

relationship's been going on for 8+ months now, 9 months on friday, and i confess, the best relationship i've ever been in (up until this point). This is the first time anything like this has ever happened, and apparently it was an anonymous grinding, the guy didnt even remember her name :rolleyes:... I trust her that nothing else happened so what should i do?

2. gkremian

gkremian New Member

I think that if it is dancing, it doesn't matter. However, she didn't really get to the point. I'd tell her that she needs to respect you, be honest with you, and that means telling you when something like that happens. It isn't a big deal, right? So make your point, ensure that it doesn't happen again (either grinding with another guy or not telling you).

3. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

sounds like she wants a break but wants you to be the one to end it

4. Silvertone

Silvertone New Member

She cant go back to the same guy in DC... this was some national function where kids get nominated by their teachers and sent to DC for a mock congress for a week.

doubt it. this is like her second real relationship and she didnt know how to deal with the dancing in the first place.

i think the whole idea of infidelity was getting to her and thats why it took prying.

I do try to talk to her on a regular basis, i really do. Up until this week we'd call each other every day, and when we didnt we would talk online... i'm just confused here; but it felt to me that she's a little immature with relationships and didnt know really what to think about everything. I could understand how the distance is getting to her and i could understand the dancing.

Honestly, i love her and i'd love nothing more than to see her happy... not even kidding here; but if that means breaking up then thats that. I just want her to think everything through because apparently she hasnt.

5. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Letting crap like that slide just shows her that she can do it again and get away with it. Good luck on this one but it looks to me like your setting yourself up for some infidelity.